OBS Closing (crashing) With No Log Within Crash Log

DrewSunn

My OBS keeps (randomly) crashing with no error shown at all whatsoever. It just blatantly closes. Literally happened as I was typing this. I tried to ask within the OBS Discord but they just wanted a crash report from two days ago that isn't about this issue as it has happened at least 10 times tonight alone with zero crash logs at all what-so-ever as it's not reporting any error, it's just straight-up closing. I have many plug-ins that are all up-to-date, but I reinstalled all of OBS+Plug-ins not too long ago and it was happening before that too. It's never been as bad as it was today, as my OBS crashed multiple times every hour tonight, usually, it's only once early on in the stream. It's becoming more constant.

My specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Insayno/saved/cGDq4D

OBS Log Files: https://obsproject.com/logs/CZ17H2JNk95VPx_b

VOD of tonight: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1256791953 (skip to 29:30 for one of the MANY crashes)

Again, I can't provide a crash log as it's not making one when this happens...

Please help, it's extremely infuriating.

WBE

You reached maximum audio buffering and according to the OBS Log Analyzer that's a symptom of a very high system load.

Both a Window Capture and a Game Capture source within the same scene should be avoided.

You have a StreamElements plugin installed that reportedly can cause instability or problamatic system behaviour. Please try to stream without it and see if that makes a difference.

Last edited:

DrewSunn

You reached maximum audio buffering and according to the OBS Log Analyzer that's a symptom of a very high system load.

Both a Window Capture and a Game Capture source within the same scene should be avoided.

You have a StreamElements plugin installed that reportedly can cause instability or problamatic system behaviour. Please try to stream without it and see if that makes a difference.
I will remove the window capture and attempt to stream tomorrow without it active. I will also remove the SELive plug-in. We will see if it works.

All the same, for anyone else reading this, more suggestions are of course welcome in-case these two things don't work.

DrewSunn

I will remove the window capture and attempt to stream tomorrow without it active. I will also remove the SELive plug-in. We will see if it works.

All the same, for anyone else reading this, more suggestions are of course welcome in-case these two things don't work.
Issue is still persisting. These did not solve it.

DrewSunn

Issue is still persisting. These did not solve it.
Just to finalize this query. The solution was simple. It wasn't StreamElements. It wasn't window/display capture. It's switching scene collections. When switching scene collections for whatever reason WITHOUT FAIL, OBS will crash at some point (not always instant) supplying zero crash log. On boot, it will default to the previous scene collection (before switching) requiring you to switch again in turn repeating the cycle of crashing. The solution is simply to switch to your desired scene collection and then restart OBS. I don't know if it's caused by a plug-in or if it's default OBS Studio, but that's the solution all the same.