OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

Really?
Is it on the original OBS as well?
didn't know that, i am not having any sync issues, though again have only used Local recording and Youtube.

Though Webcam etc has sync issues, but that is because of it being a positive Delay which has it's complications.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It mostly has to do with using alternate encoders. x264 is 20 frames delayed, and we discovered that when using quicksync/nvenc, there audio gets sent off a bit too soon which messes up the stream a little bit. I'll be fixing it when I get my main computer back.

Yay, no drops 1080@60 :D
But it's still only 57... Maybe it's just OBS showing it wrong?
I'll try to stream in a moment :)
EDIT:
When I tried for the first time with new build it was okay. I unchecked OpenCL - it was the same, I checked it again - it started to drop frames, unchecked it - it's okay again :O

jackun

Developer
You have to experiment with the CL. I think it helps lower end CPUs more with 30 fps capture. Otherwise it may cause 'encoder lag' because conversion time is added to encode time and OBS starts to drop frames.

So you didn't add it? It's "official"?
Whatever - my OBS crashes when I start a stream after I stopped it, so when I need to restart the stream I need to close OBS and run it again :/ I'm talking about version with VCE.
EDIT:
I see that now you can control bitrate by enabling CBR :D
When I tried to record/stream Archeblade 1080@60 I think it was too much for my card, it was dropping frames while encoding, not because of upload speed :/ 720@60 is great and 1080@30 is okay too :) But maybe you just need to work on it to make it better at 1080@60. It's great, thanks for your work, now I can stream like with AverMedia or some kind of that :D

Last edited:

jackun

Developer
Just streaming? But when saving to file?

OpenCL is added, just that it is currently done in encode function. So multithreaded CPU conversion can be actually less laggy. I may make it parallel, but it needs more changed in OBS itself. (Like i haven't changed it enough already ;P )

When I record, but not stream - the same thing. I can record once and then when I stop and I want to start again - it doesn't star, when I click something - it freezes and crashes :/

EDIT:
Is there a way to make it work when I set 45 FPS? When I try to do that with VCE it says that there was error when initialazing encoder or something like that... It would be smooth enough 1080@45

jackun

Developer
Hm, hasn't crashed for me. Downloaded #2 build if you haven't and if it crashes, upload the crash dumpfile.

Do you have OpenCL selected? Maybe something with CL kernel compilation.

Yay, it didn't show an error window, but 45 is still too much... 30 is okay :) Thanks for your help :D
EDIT:
I'm so stupid -.-
I copied the whole plugins folder and paste it to every never build of OBS VCE and now I just copied the ones that I downloaded to OBS... Guess what - now it doesn't drop as much as before :D

Last edited:
Bitrate control doesn't work for 45 FPS, but 30 and 60 is ok. Do you need to write something to make it work?
EDIT:
KernelBase.dll is in SysWOW64 folder which is in Windows folder... does that mean that I have something wrong with my system? I'll probably buy Windows 8.1 soon so it doesn't matter that much.

Last edited:
Now, if you enable CBR and write max bitrate it won't vary so much, it will be about 3000-4500 if you set 3000 Kb/s,I mean in this way. But it only works for 30 and 60 FPS, when 45 it sometimes encodes with 10000 or even 20000 Kb/s.

I will make a short test for you, I don't want to upload too big file :P
Can it be BF3 again? I will try to make some explosions, move camera around to show how it works when there's a lot motion :)

20-30 sec is fine, if that's okay with your bandwidth:)

That would be great, "Motion,Light/Dark scenes", are probably the most important.
And well of course details, else it's hard to see if it looks bad or not;P

It's not really about my bandwith because even now that I'm uploading, Speedtest says that I have 25 Mbps upload, but Google seems to limit upload speed to 300-400 KB/s, I don't know if it's just me or it's a global issue :/
I will give a link in few minutes it's 20% ready :)
EDIT:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_kErmN6PVTiM2d4Y1ktWXlIT1k/edit?usp=sharing
I'm not sure if I haven't lowered textures and other things in BF3 yesterday, but I hope it's still OK :/

Last edited: