OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

Trevonn

With AMF, open log window and if BPicturesPattern is greater than zero, you have B frames. It doesn't count as an error if it fails to set B frame count, but if needed, I could turn more failed settings into "fatal" ones.

I would like to add that you need to set B frames to a number greater than zero for BPicturesPattern to be greater than zero. With my HD 7790 it initially said BPicturesPattern=0 in the log window until I enabled B frames by setting it to 3.

Last edited:

Lucil

i noticed putting it to balanced and bframes to 3 it does this pulsating blurr
http://www.twitch.tv/meowchards/b/617241355

and looks like twitch doesnt like it. it stalls alot for it.
i had solid steady green bar at 3200 amf with 6400 buffer
disguard filelrnals and frame skip on
not sure if related or the combo caused it

it wouldbe nice if there was a hover text over boxes with descriptions on what they do

dping

Probably.

B-frames and Quality preset start to "flutter" for some reason while with Balanced preset seems to be fine. Setting QP delta to 0 didn't seem to make a difference either.
One could only assume that b frames take up more "processing power" than p frames, especially with all the reordering, to which I understand is normal. That being said, I cant experiment with b frames from my r9 280x :(

Anyone willing to send me an extra 290x to experiment with? Kappa

dping

I would like that you need to set B frames to a number greater than zero for BPicturesPattern to be greater than zero. With my HD 7790 it initially said BPicturesPattern=0 in the log window until I enabled B frames by setting it to 3.
7790=no b frames. Even if you manually enable them, the h264 encoder with VCE 1.0 cannot produce b frames.

i noticed putting it to balanced and bframes to 3 it does this pulsating blurr
http://www.twitch.tv/meowchards/b/617241355
amf with 6400 buffer

Why 6400 buffer? curious, whats your gop? I've been thinking that maybe the GOP needs to reflect the length of the buffer but havent had time to play with it.

Maybe try standard 3200/3200 with GOP=FPS
Then try 3200/6400 with GOP= 2xFPS i.e. 30fps would have 60GOP

This is just a thought to experiment

jackun

Developer
@Lucil that is that mid-stream SPS/PPS nals that flash's decoder doesn't like. But if I don't add them then decoders complain about missing refrence frames etc with B frames. Local playback seems to manage with just one set of SPS/PPS NALs though.

Trevonn

7790=no b frames. Even if you manually enable them, the h264 encoder with VCE 1.0 cannot produce b frames.

7790 = 260X = VCE 2.0

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 104

dping

http://www.twitch.tv/meowchards/b/617549267

gop 96
idr 192
0 bframes
3200 bit 6400 buffer
amf quality
dx11
frame skip
discard filler nals

i will try these under high motion fps settings
but do you still recommend having bframes for high motion?

For streaming in general,
if FPS is 30 then GOP is either 30 or 60 and IDR is 60
if FPS is 48 then GOP is either 48 or 96 and IDR is 96
if FPS is 60 then GOP is either 60 or 120 and IDR is 120

do you get what I mean?

IDR is always 2x fps, GOP is either 1x or 2x FPS.

When streaming, keep B-frames disabled for now or you get green splashes with flash player.

Is this because of the out-of-order b-frames?

Lucil

i thought the last version fixed that green flashing. having bframes on didnt do that for me anymore
and thanks for the clerification i thought idr was always 2x your gop and gop should be your fps

jackun

Developer
i thought the last version fixed that green flashing. having bframes on didnt do that for me anymore
Ok then. Previously I had enabled the "header insertion" (SPS/PPS) even with no B-frames and flash player didn't seem to like it very much.

Goksu

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with using OBS with my video card which is ''AMD radeon HD 7670M''
I can't stream vision while I use AMD video card (black screen, only sound), when i use intel graphic card i can stream very good but in-game fps is very low.. You get the whole point.. Here is my problem i read some of similar problems and i tried to download VCE thing but it doesnt seem selectable( like this 2.png ) then i read the forum and downloaded MSVC x64 but it doesnt fixed :(( (here is what it says = 1.png ) Please help me...
I'm using Dell Inspiron 5520

Edit: It says clGetExtensionFunctionAdressForPlatform input (thing), couldnt find in dynamic connection directory of OpenCL.dll. after pressing okay same unselectable page opens -_-

Goksu

My driver is not updated, when i update my driver, Catalyst control center doesnt work for me :( do you use amd?

Harold

The problem you're having is nothing to do with VCE and everything to do with either how you capture or other settings.

supamesican

Oh wow theres a lot of choices to download... Does it matter which one I get? I have a 7950 and that means vce 1, will any of them work or are there some on the front page I shouldn't download?