OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

dping

It feels like it just ignores CBR flag. I just pressed "Use custom parameters" And pressed "Quality" button. Also AMF crashes video card on both Omega and Beta drivers, so i use OVA.
yeah OVA there is some issues with CBR this has been since release of the Media SDK from AMD. it seems to hard encorce the max bitrate for the resolution somehow.

so have you tried changing some settings with AMF or does it crash as soon as you hit the button?

khades

yeah OVA there is some issues with CBR this has been since release of the Media SDK from AMD. it seems to hard encorce the max bitrate for the resolution somehow.

so have you tried changing some settings with AMF or does it crash as soon as you hit the button?
it varies, sometimes it crashes almost immediatly, sometimes after start of any 3d app

dping

it varies, sometimes it crashes almost immediatly, sometimes after start of any 3d app
O_o, do me a favor and install OCCT and run through their GPU test with the error check enabled. does it throw any errors after about 5-10 min? just note that this is like furmark and will get your GPU hot. I had to underclock my r9 280x to 1055 from 1100 to get it 100% stable so maybe this is the case.

you probably wont miss the fps if its ever so slightly underclocked.

khades

O_o, do me a favor and install OCCT and run through their GPU test with the error check enabled. does it throw any errors after about 5-10 min? just note that this is like furmark and will get your GPU hot. I had to underclock my r9 280x to 1055 from 1100 to get it 100% stable so maybe this is the case.

well downclocking-wise - i played game for a long time and while using OVA nothing crashed. But i will give it a try

Last edited:

khades

Attachments

• asg.jpg
    asg.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 38

dping

i attached them to the post on page 90
Aww, I gotta go look now? :P try changing engine type to different ones, does crash with AMF persist?

Try this combo, DX11 engine with disable D3D interop unchecked
or DX9 with disable D3D interop checked

test each and if it crashes, post the log from that crash.

dping

Code:
23:58:01: Using graphics capture
23:58:01: Using Monitor Capture
Why are you usings monitor capture and game capture in the same scene? this is tpically not how its supposed to be. can you just do a game capture?

yeah it looks like a driver crash, AMF uses different parts of the card than OVE and yeah its probably something with the drivers. I would uninstall drivers using DDU in safe mode then restart, and reinstall them. one more restart then try again.

also your fps was 48fps, GOP was 20 and IDR was 120. GOP and IDR need to be some sort of multiple of the fps but I also dont think that is the issue,

khades

well yeah, since games crashed at start of capturing i tried to track if it persists only with 3d app, so i had monitor capture. I just tried to play game without monitor capture and it is the same. This bug was on win7 and win8.1 that i installed later as fresh install.

and for some reason cbr wasnt working for AMF while using extended settings

dping

well yeah, since games crashed at start of capturing i tried to track if it persists only with 3d app, so i had monitor capture. I just tried to play game without monitor capture and it is the same. This bug was on win7 and win8.1 that i installed later as fresh install.

and for some reason cbr wasnt working for AMF while using extended settings
Dont you mean OVE/OpenCL wasn't working with CBR?

NESCEN

Помогите правильно настроить, стримлю FPS игру PlanetSide 2, железо у меня такое AMD FX 8320 4.0Ghz, 8GB RAM, Radeon 7970. По дефолтным настройкам все отлично, но битрейт скачет до 12к.

Kobata

and you used padding? hmm
In my experience it is a bit bad at maintaining a target bitrate (in any mode). Messing around with the buffer settings sometimes helps, particularly if you're trying to do high bitrate (>10-15mb) where giving it a buffer that big tends to end up making it consistently overshoot the target by quite a lot.

harryzup

Hello, i got this crashreport today while testing my stream, was hoping you guys could help me explain what it means and if there is a way to fix it. in the past ive gotten afew qsvhelper.exe was killed messages when streaming with quicksync, so i tried amd vce and got some bluescreens not sure if they are related to the obs/streaming.

at the time of the crash i was using amd vce encoding with 2600 bitrate&buffer, in 1280x720 resolution with 60fps
and the game i was streaming was counter-strike global offensive. and im on windows 7 64bit os. i think i might have been on 32bit obs during the time of this crash but thats because the 64 bit obs version wont let me choose amd vce encoder. however afew hours ago i could select it on 64bit.

FYI i dont know how to open the .dmp file so i have no idea what it says, but i uploaded the .dmp file and the txt file with it. and id like to add that i can now select amd vce on 64bit version today for some reason :P

Attachments

• crashDumps.rar
    116.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

dping

AMD VCE is greyed out for me. 7970, 15.5 beta driver, windows 10.
you need to install both versions of MS C++ redistributeable to run 32 or 64 bit versions. If you are just using one or the other, you will need the C++ version that coinsides with your version of OBS-VCE (32 or 64bit)
See OP for more details:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-branch-with-amd-vce-support.13996

EDIT: @harryzup, you might need to uninstall and reinstall drivers with DDU. do it as instructed by restarting in safemode.