OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

jackun

Developer
2014-12-27: B-frames test 64bit only for now.
Streaming might be broken with B-frames or nginx is acting up but inserting SPS/PPS every GOP kinda works though. While spec allowed 16(?) B-frames, 3 seems to be max on my setup. And ofcourse, set to 0 to disable B-frames.

Last edited:
D3D10 Interop causes my 7870 video card drivers to crash randomly while streaming or recording. I have to disable it for stability. The game will recover, but OBS always fails to recover after the crash

jackun

Developer
D3D10 Interop causes my 7870 video card drivers to crash randomly while streaming or recording. I have to disable it for stability. The game will recover, but OBS always fails to recover after the crash

Hmm, haven't had problems with it myself. Seeing from few crash reports, recovery is probably a little problematic. API calls seem to get stuck in driver waiting for events that now never get triggered. Though some weird timeout system could be added but the complexity of it all :shudders:

dping

Hmm, haven't had problems with it myself. Seeing from few crash reports, recovery is probably a little problematic. API calls seem to get stuck in driver waiting for events that now never get triggered. Though some weird timeout system could be added but the complexity of it all :shudders:
jackun, any thoughts on working with the obs studio once and becomes multiplatform?

AndersE

Is it worth changing anything in the VCE encoder tab? I'm just running it on default settings with DX11 as AMF engine type. I'm currently recording at 30 fps (60 gives me stuttering and blur issues at least at 1080p) 1080p using a 7950 and imagining having decent results if I up the bitrate to 25000 (20 000 gives me blur issues like the bitrate isn't enough). If you have any custom settings that's more or could be more optimized, feel free to share. Bitrates and resolutions I've been experimenting with already.

Arhaler12

Hi. I reinstalled Windows and i can't use VCE
What is it? Help me please

Radeon R9 290
1833387884fd.png

Last edited:

dping

Hi. I reinstalled Windows and i can't use VCE
What is it? Hepl me please

Radeon R9 290

seriously, read OP. You need MSC++ For whatever bit rate of obs you are running, I.e. X64, x86. Also update your video drivers to a current build. If that doesn't work you might have to search back a couple of pages where jackun has a fix for some file if appdata

akeera

Hey Jackun, just trying the B-frames build from near the top of this page. Struggling with a kinda of fluttering on playback of video's, like i can see it forcing the b-frames almost. very rapid. r9-290

i have my b-frames set to 3 like you and trying to run the default quality AMF buttons with DX11 as engine (war thunder on dx11). 30 gop, idr 120 . 0 i pic.

great to see you got it (kinda) working though :D

dping

Hey Jackun, just trying the B-frames build from near the top of this page. Struggling with a kinda of fluttering on playback of video's, like i can see it forcing the b-frames almost. very rapid. r9-290

i have my b-frames set to 3 like you and trying to run the default quality AMF buttons with DX11 as engine (war thunder on dx11). 30 gop, idr 120 . 0 i pic.

great to see you got it (kinda) working though :D
play with amount of B frames and try host or dx9. Host is known to run better than dx11 on gpu heavy games.

jackun

Developer
@akeera flutters? Can you post a sample of local recording? Default B-pic QP (delta is added to QP value) is lowerhigher by 4 (default) but dunno how much it affects CBR/VBR. I'll post new build later today with some QP settings. Also I have a quirk where without padding/filler NALs enabled, static scenes start to get these blurry creeping lines/squares but with padding it doesn't. Well, maybe it does with longer clips. I didn't have the patience to wait as it usually starts to blur pretty quickly. Currently padding is enabled only with CBR, but maybe VBR and constrained QP modes need this "hack" too.

E: random blockiness seems to be affected by target bitrate. At 2Mbps it starts to blur about 2 minutes in but at 6Mbps about 25 seconds in (cbr padding fixes that though). Idle desktop capture bitrate meter jumps between ~70kbps and ~470kbps.

Last edited:

jackun

Developer
2014-12-29: [32 bit] [64 bit]: Separate QP control for constrained QP mode. Final B's QP seems to be B's QP + B delta (default is 4). "Discard filler NALs" option for local recording (if you're streaming, you probably want to stream filler NALs too) to try fix blurry blocks quirk with CBR (enable CBR padding too!

@akeera ok, I'm seeing it too at lower bitrates. Tested before with const. QP at IDR at ~25 and P/B QPs at 31/40 with MGSV:GZ and a bit blockier Bs where expected (about 2000kpbs to 3500kpbs in that clip). But it doesn't look as bad as CBR with 3Mbps, heh.

Last edited:

dping

2012-12-29: [32 bit] [64 bit]: Separate QP control for constrained QP mode. Final B's QP seems to be B's QP + B delta (default is 4). "Discard filler NALs" option for local recording (if you're streaming, you probably want to stream filler NALs too) to try fix blurry blocks quirk with CBR (enable CBR padding too!

@akeera ok, I'm seeing it too at lower bitrates. Tested before with const. QP at IDR at ~25 and P/B QPs at 31/40 with MGSV:GZ and a bit blockier Bs where expected (about 2000kpbs to 3500kpbs in that clip). But it doesn't look as bad as CBR with 3Mbps, heh.
Dat year :D Awesome, Thanks Jackun

akeera

Don't suppose i could steal a screenshot of your VCE Encoder tab on OBS please @jackun. I was fiddling with my little thingy's too much :D #defaultQQ