OBS branch with AMD VCE support.

dping

Seems not weirdly enough. Click Specifications.
Oh wow. when I looked that up for him, I did not see that before. What is weird is that the chip-set totally supports it. Interesting if they took the time to remove the encoder from the board; seems like that would take more trouble than its worth.

consolepurgatory

Figured id ask - Has anyone else had a BSOD when using AMF setting on higher bitrate in OBS? I was doing some tests earlier today and im not sure, but for the first time i had a blue screen. Used 3500 bitrate setting and DX9 AMF speed setting. Figured id would mention it since im still playing around with alot of diffrent settings for getting a decent stream quality :).

Fawkes

Figured id ask - Has anyone else had a BSOD when using AMF setting on higher bitrate in OBS? I was doing some tests earlier today and im not sure, but for the first time i had a blue screen. Used 3500 bitrate setting and DX9 AMF speed setting. Figured id would mention it since im still playing around with alot of diffrent settings for getting a decent stream quality :).
no i do not.
do you oc?

consolepurgatory

no i do not.
do you oc?

If OC you mena overclock, i think ive done that. Im only using a 2nd gen quad. I5 2500k. Not sure if that could be the issue? Other than that, the OVE works perfectly fine tho, so im not sure if i ran out of graphic memory or something?
Figured id ask anyway. XD

Edit:
seems like i will be stickin to OVE usage - AMF seems to be crashing obs and locking my system up. Anyone have sugesstions on settings for the OVE with the use of 2000 in bitrate? Mean reason to why im stickin to 2000 is due to service limitation on hitbox/tiwtch & similar. :)

Last edited:

dping

If OC you mena overclock, i think ive done that. Im only using a 2nd gen quad. I5 2500k. Not sure if that could be the issue? Other than that, the OVE works perfectly fine tho, so im not sure if i ran out of graphic memory or something?

Edit:
seems like i will be stickin to OVE usage - AMF seems to be crashing obs and locking my system up. Anyone have sugesstions on settings for the OVE with the use of 2000 in bitrate? Mean reason to why im stickin to 2000 is due to service limitation on hitbox/tiwtch & similar. :)
if you are crashing please post the crash log and the regular log file.

Fawkes

Edit:
your system might not be stable.
save your bios and get the bios to default. see if you still get bsod's

consolepurgatory

dping - Sorry, i dont know where ot find those, and i tend to not save them XD.

Fawkes - I havent had a single BSOD since switching over to OVE again. AMF does smoething to my system somehow.

Been trying to see if i can get Quicksync working, but thats a dead end for me so thats why im going for this solution which so far has been really damn good :).

dping

dping - Sorry, i dont know where ot find those, and i tend to not save them XD.

Fawkes - I havent had a single BSOD since switching over to OVE again. AMF does smoething to my system somehow.

Been trying to see if i can get Quicksync working, but thats a dead end for me so thats why im going for this solution which so far has been really damn good :).
click help and send to github. Post link here. There is also a crashlog but unsure how to post that. If you are bsod its not amf its something with your PC or drivers

KaziQ

Hi,

Is there a way for you guys to hook to Mantle now? raptr seems to have figured it out but they messed up the capturing part of it. I recorded videos and analyzed the situation. OBS has solved the problem with threading. Now there is no more in-game stuttering but there is still stuttering in the recorded footage no matter how I optimized it in game or the OBS. It might have something to do with WDDM at this point.

KaziQ

The_Geth

Seems not weirdly enough. Click Specifications.

*Emulated sigh.* I was afraid of that.

Oh wow. when I looked that up for him, I did not see that before. What is weird is that the chip-set totally supports it. Interesting if they took the time to remove the encoder from the board; seems like that would take more trouble than its worth.

Well, that just makes things incredibly confusing. And to compound that confusion, the fact that AMD supported the card through Raptr for some time, then suddenly decided to withdraw support... I just can't even.

In any event, thank you both for the info. Here's to hoping AMD acts in a way that would be mutually beneficial concerning this matter.

dping

Hi,

Is there a way for you guys to hook to Mantle now? raptr seems to have figured it out but they messed up the capturing part of it. I recorded videos and analyzed the situation. OBS has solved the problem with threading. Now there is no more in-game stuttering but there is still stuttering in the recorded footage no matter how I optimized it in game or the OBS. It might have something to do with WDDM at this point.

KaziQ

just curious, did you try out the new omega drivers? Can you post your settings and log so we can try out and find what studdering you are talking about?. Omega drivers come out today and I'm away so I can't try em. They promise a lot though

dping

*Emulated sigh.* I was afraid of that.

Well, that just makes things incredibly confusing. And to compound that confusion, the fact that AMD supported the card through Raptr for some time, then suddenly decided to withdraw support... I just can't even.

In any event, thank you both for the info. Here's to hoping AMD acts in a way that would be mutually beneficial concerning this matter.

its like getting a car that has a button for traction control, traction control works until you take it in for servicing. I will say though. That is the cheapest card of the R series so if it worked for a short period, feel blessed :)

Narxon

I'm trying to run this obs on windows 8.1 64x, but it keeps giving me an error with the msvcp120.dll. I tried installing the microsoft c++ redistributable already, but it keeps crashing every time i try to open the encoder settings. It works fine with the default config but i cant change the encoder because it crashes. Does it happen to anybody else? There's a fix for it?

consolepurgatory

Figured id report back - sorry about the logs, i tend not to save em : / - But this is what i get on my stream whenever i do livestreaming now. - http://www.hitbox.tv/video/340604 - I found out something interessting. Playing gamesi n fullscreen will cause the encoder to scream warnings at you saying high encoding - and it will cause a ton of sutters and encoding issues. So i tried out putting the games i play in windowed mode. Solved it. I dont get any high encoding issues anymore and a stable bitrate. :)

PS: You might notice at the result screen it freezing - thats me clicking outside the window so thats not the encoders fault :).

Darker

How do I get the CLRBrowser plugin to work with the OBS fork/branch? I tried to copy the CLRHostPlugin folder from where my "normal" OBS is installed to my OBS fork/branch's plugin folder, but it did not work.

The_Geth

its like getting a car that has a button for traction control, traction control works until you take it in for servicing. I will say though. That is the cheapest card of the R series so if it worked for a short period, feel blessed :)

Wonderfully accurate analogy, sir. And since I managed to get this card for ~$75, this sums it all up pretty well.

consolepurgatory

How do I get the CLRBrowser plugin to work with the OBS fork/branch? I tried to copy the CLRHostPlugin folder from where my "normal" OBS is installed to my OBS fork/branch's plugin folder, but it did not work.

Did you copy the .dll file in plugins as well as the folder called CLRhost in the plugins folder nad put them in the pluging folder? Thats how i got mine working. :)