Question / Help OBS Audio looping in a constant echo

martinvox

Hello, I have a very tedious problem and I actually have no idea how to fix it. The audio loops for ever and ever until it fades out by itself. For example, i say Hello, and it repeats at least 5 or 6 times until its gone, and that happens for everything.

I tried streaming Valorant just now, and when I shoot, a single shot is heard like 6 times, like if it were an echo. I tried everything, and it's not the stream in the background, since all my friends said that they heard it like this.

M1schk

Do you use headphones or do you use speakers? If you use speakers, the microphone will pick up the sound again
For headphones, they could be too loud and/or to near to the microphone. A small input/output latency can make it sound like an echo
That would be the easiest solution :)
Otherwise it would help to know your sound settings in OBS and Windows and which devices you are using.

martinvox

Do you use headphones or do you use speakers? If you use speakers, the microphone will pick up the sound again
For headphones, they could be too loud and/or to near to the microphone. A small input/output latency can make it sound like an echo
That would be the easiest solution :)
Otherwise it would help to know your sound settings in OBS and Windows and which devices you are using.

This is my configuration in OBS, and in Windows Sound is everything by default and my G935 as main headset and mic.
1588712116768.png

FerretBomb

Nono, this is even without viewing the stream. I mean, and even from another computer this happens. It is like an echo issue.
What they're talking about is that if you're watching the stream on the system you're streaming from, what will happen is that you'll fire, the sound of that shot will be sent out on-stream. The player watching your stream on the streaming machine will receive and play that shot back, OBS will pick the sound of the shot from the video player up on the Desktop audio channel, and send it out again. Repeat in an infinite loop, with the sound from your stream being watched on the streaming system being received and sent out over and over until it degrades away to inaudibility.

This ABSOLUTELY sounds like what's going on, as you describe it.

martinvox

What they're talking about is that if you're watching the stream on the system you're streaming from, what will happen is that you'll fire, the sound of that shot will be sent out on-stream. The player watching your stream on the streaming machine will receive and play that shot back, OBS will pick the sound of the shot from the video player up on the Desktop audio channel, and send it out again. Repeat in an infinite loop, with the sound from your stream being watched on the streaming system being received and sent out over and over until it degrades away to inaudibility.

This ABSOLUTELY sounds like what's going on, as you describe it.

It is not that. I reinstalled everything, the latest Windows 10 and it still happens. I don't have any type of recording external card or something. I'll give you an example. I shoot a bullet on a game, and the sound of the bullet firing replicates like 12/15 times until the sound fades out.

And this is heard by a friend that is in another house and only watching the stream there. I don't even have the stream open to watch/hear it.

Yes, I know the reply is a bit late.

FerretBomb

How long is the delay between repeats? If it repeats down until it fades away, you have *something* looping it back. You can watch the mixer in OBS and see which channel it's playing back on. Almost definitely it's something playing the audio back on the desktop channel. Most commonly it's someone watching their own stream on the system they're streaming from, including having it open in a forgotten tab, or the Twitch Dashboard stream preview.

martinvox

How long is the delay between repeats? If it repeats down until it fades away, you have *something* looping it back. You can watch the mixer in OBS and see which channel it's playing back on. Almost definitely it's something playing the audio back on the desktop channel. Most commonly it's someone watching their own stream on the system they're streaming from, including having it open in a forgotten tab, or the Twitch Dashboard stream preview.

I'll check the mixer and let you know, but no. It is not a forgotten tab. I don't even have the dashbord preview open. Just the game and OBS.