OBS and Windows 10 2004 Performance

derthaller

Hey all,

could it be that the Performance of OBS in Windows 10 2004 is terrible?
I Stream the most with 4000kbits on facebook and the bit rate is dropping to 2k or even lower...
I have a Gigabit connection with 50 mbit Upload (actually its most arround 35 mbit).
I tried X264 (very fast), and NVENC new... both is just .... i turned Game Mode Off and on the results are the same.
I have a I7 8700K and a RTX 2080.. so from the Hardware site there is enough Perfomance.
I checked google and Facebook beside from the Forum and there are many that have Performance issues (Win 10 1909 and 2004)
Starting OBS as a Admin isn't helping. I like OBS a Lot but in the last Time it is going worse and u have try so much fpr fixing problems like the Time stamp with desync Audio...
Is there a Version that is running well actually??
I don't wanna use another Program but i might have to with those more and more issues.
Maybe someone have an Idea what i can try that those Frame Drops (wasn't there a Month ago) are ending.
And my bandwith is there (in theLog it says Bandwith Problems.. sure...)

Attachments

• 2020-06-24 20-09-28.txt
    17.5 KB · Views: 69

carlmmii

This has nothing to do with performance and everything to do with your connection between your computer and facebook's ingest servers.

Keep in mind, facebook is dealing with a LOT of stuff right now. Besides that, all other things being equal, then the only thing on your computer that would have an effect would be windows 10 networking changes between 1909 and 2004. OBS is not involved on this layer.

RAS1000

Coincident with the Windows 10 2004 update, we are also experiencing over 90 percent frame rate loss. Prior to the update we had zero frame losses. We use OBS Studio to stream our church services to YouTube. We lost one of our services yesterday. If anyone has a fix please let us know.

qhobbes

0. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
1. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.
2. Multiple Game Capture sources are usually not needed, and can sometimes interfere with each other. You can use the same Game Capture for all your games! If you change games often, try out the hotkey mode, which lets you press a key to select your active game. If you play games in fullscreen, use 'Capture any fullscreen application' mode.
3. Having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".

Why are you streaming at 59.94 FPS?