Obs after sometime drops cpu clock and locks there

Dawtos

I stream on laptop razer blade 14 2021 with ryzen 5900hx and rtx 3070 and my problem is when obs is on wheater recording or streaming sometimes cpu clock drops to 0.40 ghz and stays there till i close obs so it makes streaming basicaly impossible and i don't know what to do, i checked temps and they were pretty normal around 70

Attached log from my last stream where after nearly 4 hours at the end cpu drops to 0.40 ghz and stays there till i close it, sometimes it can happen instantly when i opens obs and sometimes i can stream few hours without any problem with it

Attachments

• 2021-08-03 18-17-21.txt
    847.6 KB · Views: 26

Dawtos

Does this happen if you disable/uninstall StreamElements?
yes, uninstalled streamelements from my pc and tried streaming on bandwith test mode and drop after few minutes. new log from this attached

Attachments

• 2021-08-04 00-48-09.txt
    24.3 KB · Views: 19

qhobbes

1. Enable "Game Mode" be for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
2. Cap your games at 60 FPS
3. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".
4. Uncheck the box for Psycho Visual Tuning.
5. Create a new scene collection with 1 scene with 1 source of your main content (no filters). Restart OBS and try with that scene collection. Are you still having this issue?

You can also try ThrottleStop. I use it but use it to disable the turbo to prevent over heating.

Dawtos

Done everything you mentioned without throttle stop cause amd cpu are not supported, but problem persists, saw drop during premiere pro rendering

Attachments

• hw info.png
    hw info.png
    96.9 KB · Views: 35
  • menadzer.png
    menadzer.png
    250.3 KB · Views: 34