OBS 30.0.2 Crashing without any logs

Kinhira

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my potential bad english, i'm encountering issues with OBS since 4 days !
During my stream, OBS crashing, but impossible to detect it, each time, my chat indicate that the stream end. The only thing that I can see, it's my preview which stop working, Everything else still working (level meter audio still work for example).
I can't give you logs because, for an obscur reason, OBS didn't create any crash log !

I've try a lot of things for fix the problem, for example :
- Open Firewall to OBS
- Execute OBS in administrator
- Execute OBS with others windows version compatibility
- Give OBS CPU priority
- Remove all navigators sources
- Remove all docks
- Remove all plug-ins
- Try with differents version of OBS (30.1.2 and currently 30.0.2)
- Update all my drivers (Including BIOS)
- Removing all game capture source
- I never use extension like SELive on my OBS
- Disable fade desktop when executing application in administrator

For give you somes informations, here is my setup :
- Intel I7 14700k
- Nvidia RTX 4070 Super
- 32Go RAM 6000 MHz CL30
- Windows 11 Professional

And for my OBS settings :
- Audio encode : FFmpeg AAC
- Video encode : NVIDIA NVENCH H.264
- Bitrate control : CBR
- Bitrate : 6000 Kbps
- Preset : P4
- Setting : High Quality
- Profile : High
- Multipass mode : Unique Pass
- B-frame : 2

I've search for hours on internet, and I've try all solutions I've found, but impossible to find where the problem is !
Did you have any ideas ?

Kinhira

Also ! I've check the windows event viewer, also the security and maintenance, but no informations except "See inf the security and maintenance pannel"

Kinhira

I've missed it for sure, thank you :D ! Do you think that doing an underclocking of my CPU can stabilize it and correct the issue ?

rockbottom

Don't think that is necessary, I would just remove the manufacturer OC by setting "Enforce All Limits" or whatever it's called on your board.

1713356446527.png

Kinhira

I've fixed my issue but can't really tell how because I've edit multiple parameters at the same time.
Here is the list of each change :
- Disabled Game Mode on Windows 11
- Disabled IGPU on CPU (BIOS Settings)
- Force OBS to use only use GPU (Don't let windows choose automatically)
- Disabled Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling

If these tips can help someone else which encounter the same problem, it would be a pleasure to help :)

rockbottom

Nice, good news. HAGS is suspect & known to cause all types of issues. Disabling the iGPU may have helped too but that would need further testing to determine for sure.

BlackTrix

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my potential bad english, i'm encountering issues with OBS since 4 days !
During my stream, OBS crashing, but impossible to detect it, each time, my chat indicate that the stream end. The only thing that I can see, it's my preview which stop working, Everything else still working (level meter audio still work for example).
I can't give you logs because, for an obscur reason, OBS didn't create any crash log !

- Open Firewall to OBS
- Give OBS CPU priority
- Remove all navigators sources
- Remove all docks
- Remove all plug-ins
- Try with differents version of OBS (30.1.2 and currently 30.0.2)
- Update all my drivers (Including BIOS)
- Removing all game capture source
- I never use extension like SELive on my OBS
- Disable fade desktop when executing application in administrator

For give you somes informations, here is my setup :
- Intel I7 14700k
- Nvidia RTX 4070 Super
- 32Go RAM 6000 MHz CL30
- Windows 11 Professional

And for my OBS settings :
- Audio encode : FFmpeg AAC
- Video encode : NVIDIA NVENCH H.264
- Bitrate control : CBR
- Bitrate : 6000 Kbps
- Preset : P4
- Setting : High Quality
- Profile : High
- Multipass mode : Unique Pass
- B-frame : 2

I've search for hours on internet, and I've try all solutions I've found, but impossible to find where the problem is !
Did you have any ideas ?
Thats exact the same problem i have - i nearly a have the same settings and also tried the same fixes

Lawrence_SoCal

- Open Firewall to OBS
Hopefully you have put all these settings back to the way they were
- OBS Studio is typically sending traffic only. Firewalls/Routers know how to handle reply traffic (just like with your Browser). Something is wrong if you need to adjust firewall (exception is if using WebSockets with OBS Studio from other PC, or similar). Another exception is remote video sources, but that is whole other situation with far more advanced networking knowledge required to safely operate.
Leaving Internet Firewall ports open to OBS Studio is just asking to be hacked
- Running OBS Studio as Admin is usually not necessary and a bad idea. In rare circumstances, the GPU scheduling priority that results can help. at the expense of system security. I'd save this one as a last resort with many OBS Studio and Operating System adjustments well before
- Shouldn't need to use compatibility more with Win10/11 and OBS Studio.

- Give OBS CPU priority
This helps *IF* there is a CPU bottleneck and you prioritize OBS Studio over other processes. But, if you are consistently running at/near 100% CPU utilization, then you are likely to have other System issues as well. For system stability, I'd look to limit CPU usage on 'problem' processes

BlackTrix

Had the same problems and it turned out (for me) it was HAGS. I did some testing for a couple of hours in bandwidth mode and turned off HAGS. Today i did a 4 hour live stream without any freezes. CPU or GPU usage was never a problem....it was HAGS - just try without it.