OBS 29.0.0 Virtual Camera no longer works with WebEx Meetings

venuko

Updated my OBS Studio to 29.0.0 and the virtual camera has stopped working with WebEX Meetings (both web and desktop clients). I am getting a green bg, see attached. The virtual camera still works with Zoom though.
mscOS Monterey 12.6.2
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 22.40.37.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 22.40.37.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 282

ozarker

Same here. Got the same green screen you have.

13.2 Beta (22D5038i)
3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

OBSuser1994

I'm having the same issue when trying to use OBS virtual cam both in Discord and Spell Table

Attachments

• discord green screen.jpg
    discord green screen.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 63

tharris

Same problem here with the green box output from OBS on Mac 12.6.2 and Webex which just started happening following the OBS upgrade to 29.0.0. A really weird workaround is when I have Zoom running with a video preview of the OBS virtual camera then Webex will show the correct video from OBS. If I go out of preview in Zoom then Webex immediately sees the green screen from the virtual camera.

your_top

Same here but I managed to make a little progress. I noticed if I let it "sit" for a while in the preference pane (OSX 12.6.2, webex 43.1.3.15 desktop version) then it at least will show a screenshot of what's coming from OBS.

In MS Teams, it's not a screenshot but more like 1 frame a second......

However I may revert to a prior version if I can't figure it out but for now will try a few things like removing the OBS Virtual camera and letting it re-install, etc.

your_top

After a reboot, it's still working. I'm going to wait a day or two and then will try upgrading without the hardware acceleration turned on in Webex or Teams and see.

praemarc

I reinstalled 28 and it worked.

Did an upgrade to 29 and got a red instead a green picture. It seems that something is wrong with 29.
HW access can't be disabled in GMeet.

your_top

Today it's working for me. Here is what I did:

1. Downloaded 28.0.3
  2. cd /Library/CoreMediaIO/Plug-Ins/DAL/
  3. sudo -s
  4. rm -rf obs-mac-virtualcam.plugin
  5. Install 28.0.3 overtop of existing version
  6. Start OBS
  7. Start Teams and "disable hardware acceleration"
  8. Start Webex and same as above
  9. Test (successful for me)
  10. Reboot
  11. Use OBS's built in update feature (OBS Studio -> Check for Updates)
  12. Update
  13. Reboot
  14. Test again (works for me with hardware acceleration disabled)

Note: I'm on Monterey aka 12.6.2, Macbook Pro (Intel), 2.4Ghz 8 core, AMD Radeon Pro 4GB with 32GB Ram. Plenty of horsepower so I'm assuming it's something with the hardware acceleration and OBS virtual camera driver as when I use the direct Brio camera in Webex/Teams it has not had an issue.

tharris

I ended up just re-installing 28.1.2 over 29.0.0 as nothing else worked such as turning of HW acceleration. OBS 28.1.2 has zero issues right now with Webex so hopefully the newer version gets fixes for the virtual cam green output issue....

dwardlaw444

I had the same green screen issue after updating to 29.0.0 - I uninstalled it and re-installed 28.1.2 and that corrected the issue. I am a Mac user running Ventura 13.1. Many thanks to this forum for the suggestion!

KyrryK

A.) 1. I uninstalled OBS 29 (kept the scenes settings). 2. Installed 28.0.1. 3. Copied the 'win-dshow' folder onto desktop. 4. Uninstalled OBS 28.0.1. 5. Installed 28.1.2. 6. Deleted the 'win-dshow' and replaced it with the one I copied from 28.0.1.
B.) I uninstalled the newest Webex and installed version 41.9.0.19961.
C.) System restart.
D.) Webex 41.9.0.19961 sees and impliments OBS Virtual Camera.
E.) Pain in the a$$!!!
D.) Shoutout to the user who suggested the process in A.)!

System Info:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM: 15.9 GB
System: Windows 10, 64-bit, x64-based processor

KyrryK

A.) 1. I uninstalled OBS 29 (kept the scenes settings). 2. Installed 28.0.1. 3. Copied the 'win-dshow' folder onto desktop. 4. Uninstalled OBS 28.0.1. 5. Installed 28.1.2. 6. Deleted the 'win-dshow' and replaced it with the one I copied from 28.0.1.
C.) System restart.
E.) Pain in the a$$!!!

System Info:
And ... it stopped working. Webex no longer sees OBS virtual camera. No changes were made. It worked once and then stopped. Back to the drawing board. Any suggestions would be helpful. I wonder if it is a Windows 10 issue?

KyrryK

C.) System restart.
E.) Pain in the a$$!!!

System Info:
So, the process in my first post worked. Then as I mentioned in my first reply, it stopped. I discovered the if you are using Webex through a company/institution like I am, the updates are automatic and you can't apparently do anything about it without Admin privileges. When I checked, Webex had automatically updated from 41.9.0.19961 to the newest 43 version. I uninstalled Webex, re-installed 41.9.0.19961, restarted (important) my system, and it worked. To test, I closed the programs, turned off my camera, and restarted OBS, turned on my camera, started virtual camera in OBS, opened Webex (still version 41.9.0.19961) and it no longer sees the virtual camera. Soooo frustrating!!!

KyrryK

So, the process in my first post worked. Then as I mentioned in my first reply, it stopped. I discovered the if you are using Webex through a company/institution like I am, the updates are automatic and you can't apparently do anything about it without Admin privileges. When I checked, Webex had automatically updated from 41.9.0.19961 to the newest 43 version. I uninstalled Webex, re-installed 41.9.0.19961, restarted (important) my system, and it worked. To test, I closed the programs, turned off my camera, and restarted OBS, turned on my camera, started virtual camera in OBS, opened Webex (still version 41.9.0.19961) and it no longer sees the virtual camera. Soooo frustrating!!
Still no luck. Webex will not see OBS Virtual Camera. However, I found out that when I select the "Open with Browser" option rather than using the Webex PC App, then I am able to select the OBS Virtual Camera in Webex. I am using OBS 28.1.2 and Webex 41.9.0.19961. I don't know what 'version' of the browser app (if any) is being used.