OBS 28+ Freezing PC when playing Lost Ark

ShadeNightz

I had this issue when the update first dropped. I get a hard freeze inconsistently when playing lost ark. To the point of having to hard reset my PC. Went back to the old version to 27 and didn't have an issue. It keeps asking me to update so I update to see if anything changed or got fixed, because I haven't actually paid attention to any version numbers beyond the main 27 to 28 bit. My PC specs aren't great so I keep things to a minimum. The sound for anything currently happening still continues, but I'm pretty screwed with whatever I was doing because everything, but the sound is frozen. I've also tested it in instances of just obs and the game itself. OBS hasn't shown any crash reports. This stuff happens when I'm in the middle of streaming.

Reliability History said it was a hardware error(1a1). Event viewer only shows when I was forced to shutdown the PC. The last time this happened I used memtest to see if my ram was still good then did a short stress test on my GPU(30m-1h). I had no issues. I dism and sfc through admin CMD to clear up any other potential silly crap that could be the culprit. I don't play very many other things. I play League of Legends and Genshin Impact and the issue doesn't show it's face there with this version of OBS. I'm too poor to fix this by buying new hardware. Is there more information I could give you guys to potentially analyze this for a fix or should I just continue to sit on the previous version of OBS? Maybe some stuff I missed? There aren't any plugin's installed, got rid of those thoroughly the last time this happened. This is also a fresh install of OBS as well as all of my other stuff being properly updated.

sandrix

1665097419523.png

2. Try to optimize Windows, update all drivers and disable HAGS
Your problem is difficult to diagnose. I would recommend just using OBS 27.2.4 if everything is ok with it. It would be nice to see a crash report.

Last edited:

PaiSand

It could be due to overheating.
You have to check that.
In the log file everything looks normal. You may want to scale to 720p and 30fps to reduce the load on the GPU and CPU.

ShadeNightz

View attachment 87371

2. Try to optimize Windows, update all drivers and disable HAGS
Your problem is difficult to diagnose. I would recommend just using OBS 27.2.4 if everything is ok with it. It would be nice to see a crash report.
I have hags disabled due to a previous issue with OBS and the log thing telling me to turn it off a while ago. I'd drop a crash report if I had one to give, lmao. I know for sure the issue is a pain because it's hard to find answers when not much information from the system is given. I honestly would wish for BSOD vs just a hard freeze, lmao.
It could be due to overheating.
You have to check that.
In the log file everything looks normal. You may want to scale to 720p and 30fps to reduce the load on the GPU and CPU.
I watched temps the previous time to make sure nothing was up, but if I decide to attempt 28 again, I'll do that. Also made sure to check and reseat the hardware inside properly as well as dedust anything that could've been dusty.