swollen__dingus

I've been streaming on Twitch since February on a wi-fi connection. You'd think that would be the cause of the following issue, but it didn't start happening until around last month or so. In short: my streams (not all, but most) will randomly drop to 0 kb/s, disconnect, and then reconnect within seconds. It can happen once, twice, sometimes even three or more times throughout a stream. Sometimes it won't happen at all, but in the event that it does, it kills the stream instantly and restarts it as a new VOD.

During each "disconnect", OBS does not stop streaming and my internet connection does not die, yet Twitch kills the stream and despite having disconnect protection enabled, I do not receive the "NotLikeThis" screen intended to preserve the current VOD. My viewers instead see the stream die and immediately restart as a new VOD.

I've done some searching around and it seems as though I'm not the only one with this issue. Many of the suggested solutions however, such as running OBS as administrator, lowering the bitrate (formerly 6000 via the auto configuration wizard, now 5500), adding a stream delay so that twitch still has something to display while obs attempts to reconnect, do not seem to have had any effect on the issue. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as I dislike having to subject viewers to potential disconnections while also feeling as though I have to walk on eggshells every time I start a stream.

The following is a log from a stream I did tonight with a total of four instances of the stream dropping to 0 kb/s, disconnecting, and then instantly reconnecting:

Recap + Of note:
- This issue began back in September. I have been streaming since February on the same wi-fi connection on the same ISP. Streams did not die in this manner prior to September, period.
- Delay was enabled (1 sec) for the session referenced in the log per troubleshooting advice.
- I use SE.Live (have been using for months, has not caused any issues to my knowledge)
- This issue began only after I updated OBS to version 28 back in September, I am currently on 28.0.3. Up to that point, this issue did not occur.
- My internet connection does not actually disconnect whenever this issue occurs. I'm still able to visit sites, etc. If say, I'm watching a youtube live stream on my stream at the time of the disconnect, it does not buffer and will continue to play. I'm still able to see the chat, and able to see their reactions to the stream disconnecting. Ostensibly, if disconnections were actually happening as a result of my wi-fi connection, none of this would be possible.

Thanks for any assistance.

swollen__dingus

Forgot to mention that I was able to stream 10 hours on Tuesday without a single disconnect, but the stream yesterday with 4 disconnections lasted roughly half that time, so time streamed shouldn't be an issue either. It's just random.

Solowhite

Buenas noches de que pais sos por que exactamente desde el 25 de septiembre ando teniendo el mismo problema se cae a 0 Kb/s y tengo la version 26.1.1 y tambien ya llame 5 veces al soporte de internet y ya no se que es la verdad ¿Sos de argentina ?

Solowhite

yo ando teniendo el mismo problema que tu y ya tampoco se que hacer llevo 1 mes con este problema y nadie me da una solucion

jl98

Hello, I have been having the same exact issue for a couple months now. May I ask if you ever found a fix for it? I have searched everywhere and have tried every possible solution, but it still happens.

Lessmann01

Hello, I have been having the same exact issue for a couple months now. May I ask if you ever found a fix for it? I have searched everywhere and have tried every possible solution, but it still happens.
no not found solution i gonna try streamlabs next if that helps me.