Bug Report OBS 22.0.1 UPDATE: Overlays Resize / Change Constantly

vbvoice

I just live streamed for the first time using OBS on Windows. The same thing happened with the Skype feed. It would not hold it's size between scene switches and would also switch size mid-scene without switching scenes. I don't know how to generate an OBS log to submit.

Grouch013

So has anyone found an applicable solution? this is a HUGE problem on my stream. Need a fix that doesn't take up extra bandwidth...im wondering are the people having this issue using steam elements?? Im curious if its a bug on their site and not OBS. Seems like OBS isn't recognizing this as a bug, but I can't find any other reasons for this to be happening as its only happening with my SE overlays. Maybe its browser based?? I need a fix ASAP this is making it a pain to stream..

vbvoice

im wondering are the people having this issue using steam elements??... I need a fix ASAP this is making it a pain to stream..

I'm having the issue with my NDI Source overlays. (Skype) It jumps sizes not just on a transition, but multiple times while streaming the same scene. TERRIBLE for live-streaming an interview format podcast. I too need a fix ASAP!

Grouch013

I'm having the issue with my NDI Source overlays. (Skype) It jumps sizes not just on a transition, but multiple times while streaming the same scene. TERRIBLE for live-streaming an interview format podcast. I too need a fix ASAP!
Yea mine is only with the overlays huge pain.... Trying to figure out the source because I'm not so sure its OBS. That's why im looking for feedback but seems like its random.

vbvoice

I'm going to have to go with another program until OBS can work this out. I hate to do it, but I can't put my business on hold for this.

Grouch013

Found a fix for my issue! I suggest everyone on this thread try it, click on the sources that are moving and edit transform make sure to ONLY fit to the size you need (meaning 1920 1080) and make sure to click the close on the pop up menu if you don't it won't save what you set. I suggest messing with the edit transform and see what works best for what you guys need. hope this helps! been messing with this for weeks feels nice to have a fix. (:

Iakobou

Mac 22.0.3. Same issue. Streamlabs widgets and iCloud Keynote Live. Any browser source resizes when clicking to a new scene and returning back.

Iakobou

Found a fix for my issue! I suggest everyone on this thread try it, click on the sources that are moving and edit transform make sure to ONLY fit to the size you need (meaning 1920 1080) and make sure to click the close on the pop up menu if you don't it won't save what you set. I suggest messing with the edit transform and see what works best for what you guys need. hope this helps! been messing with this for weeks feels nice to have a fix. (:

It's working for me! Thanks, Grouch013!

MiloGWM

Here is what happened
Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 5.26.58 PM.png

Where did my scenes go?

InvictvsNox

Can I ask how you guys fixed this?

Can I ask for a little clarification here? Wouldn't that change the size and position of the object of which I need to remain where it is?

This is an insanely annoying bug that's happening consistently and I can't believe there hasn't been a fix for it yet. I even updated to OBS 23.0.1 on macOS Mojave 10.14.3 today.

InvictvsNox

Okay guys, sorry for the double post.

Found another solution from this user below. Hope it helps explain this better for us!

Right-click your browser source->Transform->Fit to screen. This resize will make the source size stick. If the source isn't supposed to occupy the whole canvas, manually resize it to the desired size after Fit to screen by dragging the borders and edges to the desired size.

More explanation: If you right-click a source->Transform->Edit form, you see the option "Bounding Box Type". If this is set to "No Bounds", automatic resize is active. Any other option makes the source size stick. Fit to screen is a shortcut that makes the source the size of the canvas and sets bounding box type to "Scale to inner bounds", which prevents automatic resize.

Reactions: PAJ

thatoneguy087

I have this same issue and I figured out a possible cause. I tried the various solutions in this thread and others.

Here's what I eventually figured out on my own: I had grouped the sources in question. When I pull the sources out of the group, the sizing issue goes away. Within the group, it shrinks everything to super small from time to time (namely when I restart OBS). For those having this issue, try ungrouping your sources. After ungrouping, I went to each source's "Edit Transform" (CTRL+E), set the size and bounding box sizes to 1920x1080 (my resolution), and set it to "Stretch to bounds" (though I think this setting may be redundant when size are bounding box size are set the same...nonetheless...). I locked each source after setting it up again.

Hope that helps some others!