Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on stream.

Wolfbane

Re: Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on strea

Dopefish said:
*3* Multiple app detections at same time?
While this is possible, I don't see how it would be beneficial with the amount of time and effort it would take to add support. Then there's detecting which player is playing, and then what if both players are playing?

"how it would be beneficial?"
Well I can use winamp for my normal track list, and if I want to play something temporarly, I can use another program and not have to edit my regular playlist, or edit my settings in Snip.

Well as I mentioned on some other point, the the program edits the textfile whenever a program is "Started" or "Unpaused" it only comes down to the program u started unpaused last. Because the last action you did would overwrite any previous started/unpaused program did write in the text file.

Dopefish said:
*6* Extra text ?
You can do this already. You can also add a text source in OBS to place in front, as well, if you would like a different style or format for that.

Well not really, because I, using "wrap" and "Scrolling" feature in OBS, that means that the text is moving from right side to the left, and once it comes to one side it wraps around and starts over again.

In other words there is no way for me to write things infront of the text or after.

Dopefish said:
*8* Blank info ?
This actually sounds like something I should have done from the start. It's an easy change.

Sweet looking forward to it.

Dopefish said:
*9* Check for updates?
That adds a lot of extra overhead to the program that just isn't really needed. If I ever do add support for something like this, all it would do is just show a messagebox that says there's a new version. I will not implement an auto-updater or detailed update checking system.

Yha, downloader is nto really needed, but a check if there is a newer version out there, and also give a link to the official place where you can find the program would be awesome.

Dopefish

Wolfbane said:
Dopefish said:
*3* Multiple app detections at same time?
While this is possible, I don't see how it would be beneficial with the amount of time and effort it would take to add support. Then there's detecting which player is playing, and then what if both players are playing?

"how it would be beneficial?"
Well I can use winamp for my normal track list, and if I want to play something temporarly, I can use another program and not have to edit my regular playlist, or edit my settings in Snip.

I meant more as a time vs outcome situation. Adding something like this would require a lot more code. I think something I could do in the meantime would be to just make a keyboard shortcut to switch players within Snip. It would just make it slightly easier on the person.

Wolfbane said:
Dopefish said:
*6* Extra text ?
You can do this already. You can also add a text source in OBS to place in front, as well, if you would like a different style or format for that.

Well not really, because I, using "wrap" and "Scrolling" feature in OBS, that means that the text is moving from right side to the left, and once it comes to one side it wraps around and starts over again.

In other words there is no way for me to write things infront of the text or after.

I suppose I could have separated those two sentences. You can edit the output in Snip already.

Right-click, Edit Output Format, add extra text wherever you want.

Wolfbane said:
Dopefish said:
*9* Check for updates?
That adds a lot of extra overhead to the program that just isn't really needed. If I ever do add support for something like this, all it would do is just show a messagebox that says there's a new version. I will not implement an auto-updater or detailed update checking system.

Yha, downloader is nto really needed, but a check if there is a newer version out there, and also give a link to the official place where you can find the program would be awesome.

Downside is that there's no official site for it, so it would just be a direct link to the latest version.

itsRyansKi

Is it me or is the text really large? I can't make it any smaller, is there anyway to do this?

Never mind, just found out.

Right click on the Text you added and go to properties then change the Font Size.

Thanks for this btw

pingumania

Hi im using AIMP it works with the winamp mode.
but i cant change the formatting of the text.
i know aimp isnt supported but maybe someone can help?

Tubbzie

It'd be great if you could implement a scrolling feature so that it scrolls the text name as it goes past; to save space and also reduce the amount of static text you have on a stream.
Plus, just as a small nitpick, when using it with OBS the text is aligned to the left, meaning you can't place the text box in the centre of the screen and it stay in that location if the song titles are different lengths.
Great work though.
:D

hadji

This tool cannot make text scroll, as this tool is not displaying any text. OBS is, and it already can scroll text. Just set it up to do so. This applies to your "small nitpick" as well. Snip does not display any text, it simply writes a text file which OBS then grabs from.

Look at the options in OBS. It can both scroll text and control text alignment.

rahb0sse

If you guys are concerned with the length of the scroll... (aka long song name); set "Use Custom Text Extents" to whatever desired length you require (mine is the width of my webcam).

tomzey

4. Set it up in OBS
Add a text (source) like in this screenshot:
SPOILER: SHOW
Now select 'Use text from file' and direct it to where you saved the snip folder, select snip.txt. The rest is preference but here are my settings:

I dont have any "txt" thats called "snip.txt", should I make one then ,or?

Arida

This worked perfect for me. Thanks alot man!

badkip

tomzey said:
4. Set it up in OBS
Add a text (source) like in this screenshot:
Now select 'Use text from file' and direct it to where you saved the snip folder, select snip.txt. The rest is preference but here are my settings:

I dont have any "txt" thats called "snip.txt", should I make one then ,or?

This is automatically created the moment you play a song with snip active.

Glurak

I got REALY often this error:

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Der Index lag außerhalb des Bereichs. Er muss nicht negativ und kleiner als die Auflistung sein.
Parametername: startIndex
bei System.String.LastIndexOf(Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
bei Snip.Snip.SetNotifyIconText(NotifyIcon notifyIcon, String text)
bei Snip.Snip.UpdateText(String text)
bei Snip.Snip.TimerScanTitle_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18034 built by: FX45RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
Snip
Assembly-Version: 2.6.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.6.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Glurak/Desktop/Snip.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18036 built by: FX45RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
Microsoft.CSharp
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.17929.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll.
System.Core
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Web
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll.
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

skept3k

Is there anyway you could get this plugin to work with Google Play Music?

Krxz

Hello community,

I'd like to ask, has anyone noticed Snip (2.6.0) crashing since Spotify's software update? Yesterday spotify prompted me to update, and since, every time I open Snip, it just auto closes (as I hover over with the mouse).

Any ideas? I'm running Win 8 64bit Pro.

Regards,
Krxz

Dopefish

It's still working here.

My Spotify version is 0.9.1.57.ge7405149

I just installed Snip and got it all set up. However it seems that Snip is not recognizing my iTunes because it says No Track is playing while I preview my stream. how can I fix this?