Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on stream.

davidmartin5665

Re: Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on strea

Im sorry, im not the most techy person but i know a fair amount. I am having problems getting the snip application to run. I downloaded the updated file and extracted the code but what do i do next?
any help would be amazing! Thanks!

hadji

7zip. Open it with 7zip, or a compression program that supports 7zip.

How can i get my song being shown as "Now Playing : Song Name" ?
It is showing .. like , "5912(song number in winamp) - Song name".

Dajova

alincupunct said:
How can i get my song being shown as "Now Playing : Song Name" ?
It is showing .. like , "5912(song number in winamp) - Song name".
I dont know about Winamp, but here's what i use to get that effect in Spotify:

obssnip.png

The setup in the output format is a bit funky, so this is what i use to make it look proper :D

Warchamp7

Forum Admin

The way this seems to work for Winamp is it outputs the title name of the Winamp window. I'm not sure if what you're looking for is possible.

xxmacguyverxx

Anyone having a problem getting the artwork to update past 1 song?

I use spotify and snip detects the text just fine but it will only show the album art from the first song. For some reason when i change tracks or if it changes on its own the artwork goes blank...
When its working(Only works on the first song then you have to reset snip) the album art will display in the snip folder like this pic below.I also screen capped all my settings in the pic too Just in case i might be doing something wrong maybe.

This is what the pic file looks like when the track changes... The image preview is blank and so is windows picture viewer. I could have sworn the album art used to change with each track

My usual setup is to have the text file say the album info and then open the album art in windows picture viewer and use a software screen cap from OBS to show the album art on my stream but for some reason the album art doesnt update anymore???

I noticed spotify updated yesterday could that have anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Attachments

• SnipWorking.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 261
  • SnipNotworking.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 168

Chelseagirl

I am using OBS, iTunes and Snip. I like Snip and its very useful for me.
I have one problem on OBS to display album artwork as picture source from file. When iTunes change to next album, "Snip_Artwork.jpg" is changed properly. But OBS doesn't changed album artwork to next one in "Snip_Artwork.jpg". I can display new album artwork by switching scene on OBS.
OBS display new text when "Snip.txt" is changed immediately. But OBS isn't work on picture in file like text.
This problem may be matter of OBS. I might should not write in this topics. However, I hope OBS would support the function like text. ;)

Dopefish

Spotify has been updated a fair bit lately. I'll check and make sure that the album artwork still works.

Edit/Update:
Okay. I made a ton of changes to fix this.

v2.6.0 is up for download.

The reason it wasn't working was that the way tracks are stored in Spotify's memory changed. Before they would show up instantly in memory, which would allow me to instantly scan for them and get the album art. Now they show up 15-20 seconds after you switch to the track. The new method may not be as accurate but it works. It will now use Spotify's API to query the track ID by searching for the artist name and track title. It will use the first result, which may not always be correct, so let me know how it works for you.

Source changes are available to view on GitHub.

Dopefish

Chelseagirl said:
I am using OBS, iTunes and Snip. I like Snip and its very useful for me.
I have one problem on OBS to display album artwork as picture source from file. When iTunes change to next album, "Snip_Artwork.jpg" is changed properly. But OBS doesn't changed album artwork to next one in "Snip_Artwork.jpg". I can display new album artwork by switching scene on OBS.
OBS display new text when "Snip.txt" is changed immediately. But OBS isn't work on picture in file like text.
This problem may be matter of OBS. I might should not write in this topics. However, I hope OBS would support the function like text. ;)

Just make sure on the image source that you have "Check for file changes" checked.

Chelseagirl

Dopefish said:
Just make sure on the image source that you have "Check for file changes" checked.
I messed out that property. Thank you for your advice. Is works perfect. :)

xxmacguyverxx

Dopefish said:
Spotify has been updated a fair bit lately. I'll check and make sure that the album artwork still works.

Edit/Update:
Okay. I made a ton of changes to fix this.

v2.6.0 is up for download.

The reason it wasn't working was that the way tracks are stored in Spotify's memory changed. Before they would show up instantly in memory, which would allow me to instantly scan for them and get the album art. Now they show up 15-20 seconds after you switch to the track. The new method may not be as accurate but it works. It will now use Spotify's API to query the track ID by searching for the artist name and track title. It will use the first result, which may not always be correct, so let me know how it works for you.

Source changes are available to view on GitHub.
Thanks you so much for the update I was going crazy with this for a few days and finally gave up until i read this :)

JekyllHyde

Hi everyone, and thank for creating such a useful thing for us streamers! I tried to DL your new version of Snip but each time I launch it, I get this error :
ZT0zcMd.png

Any idea why would I get that ?

hadji

.NET up to date, JekyllHyde? That would be my guess as to where the problem stems.

Wolfbane

Before I start to requst/ask ALOT of features that would help out my personal streaming. So gonna say that the program is really nice and keep up the good work. But gonna mention a few things that I tought could be nice.
And even if you dont implement them because you think they are needed or you just dont feel like it.
Awesome program keep it up the good work. Love it...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*1* Foobar ?
I have my own playlist, that I play on Winamp. But maybe planing to switch to "FooBar" is FooBar a possible solution ?

*2* Internet songs ?
Is it possible for the program to adapt to online playing applications/things like Groveshark/You-Tube?
But sometimes viewers do songrequests and then I usally rely on "Groveshark" or "You-Tube". Anyway to add these to the detection ?

*3* Multiple app detections at same time?
Atm you can only select between ONE of the following, Winamp, iTune, Spotify, possible to have it detect more then one of these at the time ? (And possebly maybe Foobar later *smiles*)

*4* Save options ?
An option to select the location and the name of the Text file.

*5* Edit file settings ?
Only write to the file when a program starts or unpaus a song.
(This might already be default settings as it is for now, but Im not 100% sure if the program detects several times each second or only when a song starts/unpauses)
Reason for this is that if you are running several differnt song playing programs, then only "Start" playing a song or "unpausing" a song would be best way to make sure the programs do not try to edit the files and have some of "clash"

*6* Extra text ?
An option to add extra text before or after the songinfo would be nice.

*7* Winamp Songnumber?
Im not sure but when I play Winamp it also tells me what song number Im playing, for example it writes "64. Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street" And its song number 64 in my playlist, information that not needed to be shown.
I have been in Winamp - Preferences - Playlist and unchecked the "Show playlist item number in Playlist Editor" so I do not see the number myself from the playlist, but it seems like the information is still shown by the Snip. Could be some setting in winamp that is wrong, if so, just slap me silly. ;O)

*8* Blank info ?
When Winamp is loaded "Winamp X.XXXX" not loaded "Winamp is not currently running" or I have stoped a song, it writes "No tracks playing". Would be really nice to have the option to just at these cases it has nothing written in the file then.

Reason is because if I have this script running and I have my OBS running, I do not want the script to write information to the viewers that is rather bad/pointles on the stream.

The things mentioned also would mean that winamp is closed down or if Snip tool is closed down that is cleares the txt file.

*9* Check for updates?
Well just a way for the program to check if there is an later stable version and download/install would be nice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once again awesome program keep up the good work.

badkip

I updated the main post with the new link.
Thanks for all the good work.

Dopefish

Wolfbane said:
*1* Foobar ?
I still need to look into adding support. It's on my list but it's not there yet.

Wolfbane said:
*2* Internet songs ?
Undecided.

Wolfbane said:
*3* Multiple app detections at same time?
While this is possible, I don't see how it would be beneficial with the amount of time and effort it would take to add support. Then there's detecting which player is playing, and then what if both players are playing?

Wolfbane said:
*4* Save options ?
Possibly.

Wolfbane said:
*5* Edit file settings ?
I don't understand? Snip will only write to the text file when a song changes, stops, pauses, etc. It is not constantly writing to the file over and over and over. Is that what you're asking?

Wolfbane said:
*6* Extra text ?
You can do this already. You can also add a text source in OBS to place in front, as well, if you would like a different style or format for that.

Wolfbane said:
*7* Winamp Songnumber?
This is mentioned in the Snip readme file. Look for the section with the header WINAMP and follow.

Wolfbane said:
*8* Blank info ?
This actually sounds like something I should have done from the start. It's an easy change.

Wolfbane said:
*9* Check for updates?
That adds a lot of extra overhead to the program that just isn't really needed. If I ever do add support for something like this, all it would do is just show a messagebox that says there's a new version. I will not implement an auto-updater or detailed update checking system.

Thanks for the support. I'll evaluate some of these requests over the coming week and implement some.