Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on stream.

hadji

Re: Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on strea

Crashes for me. If winamp is open and I select winamp, it crashes when selected. If winamp is closed, I can then select winamp without it crashing, but it will crash as soon as I open winamp.

In other words, it doesn't play nicely with winamp. Here's the error output.

Code:
************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Snip.Snip.TimerScanTitle_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.586 (RTMLDR.030319-5800)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Snip
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Snip/Snip.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.560 built by: RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.568 built by: RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.586 built by: RTMLDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

zolia

i had same error, but i did update framework 4, and recheck my winamp setting, tested after, and still crashed. Closed it and watched a video with vlc, checked forum, then wanted to get the error again to post, but now it's working so... idk, maybe a bad setting in winamp that asked a reboot of winamp.

edit:I found how to product my error, is because i was play a .pls file is radio from Di.fm

Code:
************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: L'index se trouve en dehors des limites du tableau.
   à Snip.Snip.TimerScanTitle_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Snip
    Version de l'assembly : 2.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 2.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Users/Zolia/Downloads/Snip-v2.0/Snip/Snip.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Cant we change the title display, like %artist% - %filename% i get the error too. but need to do like read me, %title% – %artist% ?

hadji

I can confirm zolia's statement regarding streaming music in winamp. If I slap an mp3 in, it works normally. If the music is streamed, crash will occur.

This fixable, or will it continue to be an issue?

I can see where it could be a problem even without crash depending on how the track info is grabbed, since when streaming, you never technically change tracks. When I decide to play music, I usually stream something. Perhaps this solution will not be optimal for me.

Dopefish

Okay. That helps out. It looks like when you use a radio playlist you don't get separate artist and track information, so when it tries to split it apart it fails. What I did to fix this was to check if the array is larger than 1, and if it is then it will save artist and track information separately, otherwise it will save it "as-is" to Snip.txt.

Also, if you're not using a stream then make sure you look at the readme for proper Winamp support. The En Dash is important (not a regular hyphen).

I'm not a fan of Winamp and struggled with myself to even install it to add support, so not everything was tested thoroughly, and there still might be some bugs and issues with Winamp. Let me know how it works out over time. Thanks.

I'll get a new build compiled and online shortly.

Dopefish

I uploaded v2.0.1 with the fix for it.

If you want to update the original post and also change the source code link to point to the GitHub repository I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

hadji

Well to be honest, I am also not a fan of winamp. I personally use xmplay, but figured it would be a lot less popular and there would not be any demand. I personally despise itunes and most "media managers", so Spotify doesn't fit the bill for me either (do either of those even support streaming user-defined sources?).

If you're willing to add xmplay support, I'd be all about it. But winamp is a reasonable solution for me otherwise and I do appreciate your work.

zolia

It working great now. thank for the fast fix and good job on this work.
But does it possible to change the display title with %filename% or not at all?

they are a good communoty arround here aparantly, seem almost like on forum of ubuntu lol.

Dopefish

hadji said:
Well to be honest, I am also not a fan of winamp. I personally use xmplay, but figured it would be a lot less popular and there would not be any demand. I personally despise itunes and most "media managers", so Spotify doesn't fit the bill for me either (do either of those even support streaming user-defined sources?).

Spotify isn't really a media manager. It's a streaming service. You can either pay monthly or use it for free with ads. It doesn't support external streams inside .pls files, though.

iTunes does support external streams. iTunes may be more large and cumbersome but it has a lot of great support and an awesome COM API.

Winamp severely lacks any good API and its age going back to Win95 really shows.

hadji said:
If you're willing to add xmplay support, I'd be all about it. But winamp is a reasonable solution for me otherwise and I do appreciate your work.

I'll take a look at XMPlay in the future along with foobar2000.

zolia said:
It working great now. thank for the fast fix and good job on this work.
But does it possible to change the display title with %filename% or not at all?

You can replace the title with the filename I guess. Just play around with the output format in Winamp.

hadji

I actually have a Spotiy account and it is installed, but I just have no reason to use it. I understand it is a streaming service, but it's more random "station" based like Pandora or Slacker.

In any case, I'll be on the lookout for any future updates. Again, I do appreciate your work.

badkip

Can you please give me the direct download link for 2.0.1 so I can edit it in the main post.
And thanks for helping out so much with this.
If you want me to add something in the guide just pm me and I'll fix it.

zolia

since the 2.0.1, can change title in winamp, as %filename% or what ever, with out make snip crash, before i had got some crach, even the default title of winamp not make crash.

badkip

dopefish, would it be possible to get this program also to work with getting the title of youtube videos?

ViciousXUSMC

Hey whats up Dopefish! Good to see you in this neck of the woods.

I'll start kicking out some tutorials for OBS soon as I just joined up and started using it.

For now though since it is relevant here is how to do this with XSplit and AMIP figured its worth a share as AMIP works in Winamp and Foobar pretty well and it shows the same concept even if it is different programs.

http://youtu.be/WxmOM2n0b7o

Maounty

I have a problem.. I cant find the "Snip.txt" in the Snip folder? or have i missed something?

Dopefish

ViciousXUSMC said:
Hey whats up Dopefish! Good to see you in this neck of the woods.

I'll start kicking out some tutorials for OBS soon as I just joined up and started using it.

For now though since it is relevant here is how to do this with XSplit and AMIP figured its worth a share as AMIP works in Winamp and Foobar pretty well and it shows the same concept even if it is different programs.

http://youtu.be/WxmOM2n0b7o

Hey, Vicious.

I actually originally wrote this tool for use with XSplit but it's still a standalone tool on its own. Because of this anything that can read a text file or an image can take advantage of it. I don't want to link to the thread on the XSplit forums here but you can find it there. My nick there is WellOfWishes.

I do need to look into foobar support still.

Maounty said:
I have a problem.. I cant find the "Snip.txt" in the Snip folder? or have i missed something?

The file gets created the first time you listen to a song in any of the supported programs. You can create a blank Snip.txt in advance if you, though. It will be located in the same directory as Snip.exe.

Ry2D2

badkip said:
Hello, this is the first guide I ever wrote so please don't be to hard on me.

1. Requirement
  • OBS
  • Snip

2. Download snip
You can download snip from: https://impas.se/projects/Snip-v2.0.1.7z
The source code can be found at: https://github.com/dlrudie/Snip
All credits go to David Rudie for creating this great program.

3. Run and setting snip up
There is no installation needed for snip, you just need to run snip.exe and set it up for the correct program (itunes or spotify)
You can do this by right clicking the icon.
What program do i open it with? I downloaded the snip from the link and it was a .7Z file, not .exe. What program should I open it with to get it to work? I tried opening with spotify but I do not think that is correct. What icon do i right click to set it up? I think I am doing something wrong here lol