NohBoard

Free NohBoard v1.3.0

ThoNohT

Developer
Re: [TOOL] NohBoard - a keyboard visualizer - v0.6b

Absarn said:
There's a new problem with the new version that you it wont show if your holding down two keys at the same time.

Thought you might want to know.
That's a good one. Thanks, I didn't notice yet. I have a good idea what caused that, I'll try to fix that later this weekend.

Absarn

ThoNohT said:
Absarn said:
There's a new problem with the new version that you it wont show if your holding down two keys at the same time.

Thought you might want to know.
That's a good one. Thanks, I didn't notice yet. I have a good idea what caused that, I'll try to fix that later this weekend.

Awesome!

BeauWest said:
Windows 8.

I dont know and I'm not sure but i would think it's because of your OS it's messing around for you.

ThoNohT

Developer

I'm about to get a new Laptop, which will have Windows 8 on it. So if I manage to work with that, I'll be able to test on both Win 7 and 8 soon.

ThoNohT

Developer
Re: [TOOL] NohBoard - a keyboard visualizer - v0.7b

v0.7b fixes showing multiple keypresses. It's going to need some stability testing, as I changed some code with regards to closing the program again.

I was unable to reproduce the BF3 bug.

ThoNohT

Developer

I do believe you, but I have no idea what might cause it. Everybody else who tests it has no problem. So at the moment there's little I can do about it.

BeauWest

I did some further testing and I'm wondering if it's possible that this isn't NohBoard, but rather something with Window Capture, possibly Windows 8. I set up a Window Capture on Chrome with: http://timer.onlineclock.net/

The timer on screen "stopped" when I went full-screen, and updated when I switched out of full screen. However, I also window captured on a "cmd: ping -t google.com" window and that updated fine on-screen.

I'm going to post a new topic for general OBS issues: http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4482

Absarn

BeauWest said:
I did some further testing and I'm wondering if it's possible that this isn't NohBoard, but rather something with Window Capture, possibly Windows 8. I set up a Window Capture on Chrome with: http://timer.onlineclock.net/

The timer on screen "stopped" when I went full-screen, and updated when I switched out of full screen. However, I also window captured on a "cmd: ping -t google.com" window and that updated fine on-screen.

I'm going to post a new topic for general OBS issues: http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4482

Honestly I think windows 8 might be the problem, I'm not pro at this kinda of stuff.

But I'm pretty sure.

Absarn

Re: [TOOL] NohBoard - a keyboard visualizer - v0.8b

Also wanted to report another issue, the 2 keys holding has been fixed and works fine.

But there seems to be a problem that a key gets stuck untill you press it again during the game.

ThoNohT

Developer

I'll have another look at that soon. I already fixed that twice, but it might be that I reintroduced that in the latest version.

WayZHC

btw one little correction to that Swedish layout (se) if that is the one i made (?): It's Scandinavian layout so it includes Finland, Sweden and Norway (Norway has identical layout but two letters are marked differently. "Ö = Ø" and "Ä = Æ". but in most keyboards they also have Ä and Ö marked to same keys like in Finland we have those marked in those keys (see image below)). So better naming for the layout would be "scandi.kb" , "scandi_basic.kb" and "scandi_nonum.kb" :p I'm not trying to be picky but it would be more clear for users :p

Here's a photo of my keyboard so you can get some idea what i'm talking about :p
TWICv86.jpg

ThoNohT

Developer

WayZHC, it's not the one you made. I got it from another user. Feel free to submit another keyboard layout for finnish and/or norwegian, even if they are slightly different, it doesn't hurt having separate keyboard layouts for them.

Absarn, I have been trying very hard to get keys to stick, but so far I have been unsuccesful. Are you sure this happened with 0.8b?

WayZHC

ThoNohT said:
WayZHC, it's not the one you made. I got it from another user. Feel free to submit another keyboard layout for finnish and/or norwegian, even if they are slightly different, it doesn't hurt having separate keyboard layouts for them.

Absarn, I have been trying very hard to get keys to stick, but so far I have been unsuccesful. Are you sure this happened with 0.8b?

Okay anyway those are the exact same layouts i made on page 3/8. But anyway it doesn't really matter who made those included ones. Just rename them from "se.kb" to like "scandi.kb" since it's the exact same layout for Norway, Sweden and Finland :p no need to make another layouts for them.. They are the same :p It's Scandinavian layout
56YLDPl.jpg

E: Who ever made that SE layout seem to forgot that also ö ä å will turn to Ö Ä Å while Caps on. My layout did that tho

Absarn

ThoNohT said:

Actually i didnt pay attention to a new version, I was using 0.7b I'll give 0.8b a shot and I'll give ya a headsup how it turns out to be.

ThoNohT

Developer

Hmm, I see your layouts now. I'll take a look at them later this week, I must have missed them before. I guess I can merge them into scandi.

dann0mite

Re: [TOOL] NohBoard - a keyboard visualizer - v0.5b

BeauWest said:
dann0mite, yes, launched before BF3. Might have something to do with switching to 720p in BF3? Not sure.

Interesting thing though, I added both Game Capture of the keyboard, and Window Capture of the keyboard, and only the Game Capture one works for me with full screen.

Guess I can wait until we get Color Key on Game Capture.

I just started having this problem where I can no longer use Window Capture for NoBoard in OBS. Only Game Capture will work. But, there is no Color Key for game capture so I'm stuck with a background. :(

It started happening when I enabled iGPU on my motherboard and extended my displays in Windows 8 to enable Quick Sync(QSV) support so I can use it in OBS to speed up encoding. When I turn off this additional display, I can Window Capture NohBoard again, but then I lose QSV support in OBS.

I tested Window Capture with other programs, like the windows calculator and it works fine. I wonder if NohBoard needs to window render differently for Windows 8?

This must be a Windows 8 issue, because I think others, like Absarn have QSV working with no Window Capture problem for NohBoard in Windows 7.

ThoNohT

Developer

I have heard of other people being unable to do window capture with iGPU enabled. Though I believe they were unable to capture any window. I don't have any quicksync supported devices, so I can't really test that. With this whole quicksync thing, the problem might be that it's rendering to the window on another graphics card than the one used for window capture. One thing I could try perhaps is switch to software rendering, and see what kind of effect that has. I might do some tests with that soon with some people on the irc channel.

XeiZ

Yes thats correct some people (though not all, for whatever reason we couldnt find yet) cant use window capture with AERO ON anymore with the igpu enabled. Aero OFF still works but that is out of question on windows 8 so you are out of luck at the moment until we maybe find the reason it does this. You can however use gamecapture on nohboard as a workaround.

WayZHC

hmmm i can also confirm that iGPU messes things up. I unpluged my seconday screen and NohBoard came visible to the OBS preview (window capture) and as soon as i pluged my screen back it turned white. Hmm is there any shortcut commands to force a software to use a specific gpu? I know it's possible to force any software to specific network and stuff with shortcut commands. hmmmm