No SOUND in OBS

inkeyk

What is causing no sound in OBS. I have watched multiple youtube to be sure I have the setting correct. I can hear youtube and other sources on my computer, but when I play a video to record, there is no sound. I know vhs has sound, I have previously watched them. I even bought a 2nd capture card and still no sound. Also, I have changed the speaker to MONITOR AND OUTPUT.

I don't know what else to do. The youtubes all give basically the same information.

Inkeyk
Oct 1

AaronD

Screenshot your settings and post here. Maybe you missed one that's not obvious. OBS has several of those.

And use OBS's built-in log uploader (Help menu). Try to record for about 60 seconds or so, then stop recording and close OBS normally, then reopen and upload the "Previous" session, which is the one that made that recording. Paste that link here, and also in the Analyzer that you can get to from my signature. See what the Analyzer says, in addition to us looking it over.

Also upload the recording itself to YouTube or somewhere else, unlisted, and paste that link here too. If it's not completely silent, the specific sound that does get there might help diagnose the problem.

inkeyk

I'm sorry to be so long. I hope you are still available to help me with this.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-02 220841.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 220841.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 221531.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 221531.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 221441.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 221441.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 221309.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 221309.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 221136.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 221136.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 221005.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 221005.png
    42.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 220841.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 220841.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot 2023-10-02 221622.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-02 221622.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 30

AaronD

I'm sorry to be so long. I hope you are still available to help me with this.

Your Desktop Audio is "Default". Either Disable that or choose a specific device. Default flips around between different devices, somewhat unpredictably. It's not a bug - it's the best chance to prove that a fresh installation works at all - but it's a pure liability after that. Never have anything set to Default for production.

Also, I have changed the speaker to MONITOR AND OUTPUT.
You didn't screenshot that.

And you didn't provide a recording, and log file of the same session that produced that recording, like I asked.

inkeyk

I changed the setting from the default speaker. I now have sound, however, when I play back the video, there is still no sound. I made screen shots of the sound settings. I hope I got them all. I must have missed a sound setting.
Inkeyk

Attachments

• SYSTEM SOUND STEREO MIX.jpg
    SYSTEM SOUND STEREO MIX.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 18
  • STATS.jpg
    STATS.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 20
  • SOUND SETTINGS.jpg
    SOUND SETTINGS.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 18
  • auto-configuration wizard.jpg
    auto-configuration wizard.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 15
  • AUDIO INPUT CAPTURE.jpg
    AUDIO INPUT CAPTURE.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 17

inkeyk

I am not sure what else to do.
Advanced Audio Properties all set to monitor and output. Except "Audio Input Capture" is monitor off.
So I'm guessing if there Clearclick/Any of these devices as a choice, it should be selected. I have tried different ways of settings, output on/off etc. I do have sound, its not echoing now, but in the finished mp4, I can't hear the sound. I know that when this is fixed, my next problem, will be to "sync" audio to video.
I appreciate your help. Thank You ...Inkeyk

Attachments

• ADVANCED AUDIO PROPERTIES settings.png
    ADVANCED AUDIO PROPERTIES settings.png
    56.3 KB · Views: 12
  • AUDIO MIXER.png
    AUDIO MIXER.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 13
  • sound set to Clear Click.jpg
    sound set to Clear Click.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 14

inkeyk

I just put the link in to check how it looks. There is sound? Why can't I hear it on my desktop?

Attachments

• 1697224913716.png
    1697224913716.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 13

AaronD

Not only do you have sound with that, but you have two copies of it! Slightly delayed, just enough to notice that they *are* two copies. That's probably because you have the original sound going to the Monitor, which you have going to the same device that your Desktop Audio picks up from. The first copy comes from the original source, and splits off to go around that loop, and the second copy comes from Desktop, as the completion of that loop.

If you're not actually listening to that physical device, but a different one, then you won't hear it. One change would fix both problems: send the Monitor to the device that you're actually listening to. Settings -> Audio.

ZanitySystem

Screenshot your settings and post here. Maybe you missed one that's not obvious. OBS has several of those.

And use OBS's built-in log uploader (Help menu). Try to record for about 60 seconds or so, then stop recording and close OBS normally, then reopen and upload the "Previous" session, which is the one that made that recording. Paste that link here, and also in the Analyzer that you can get to from my signature. See what the Analyzer says, in addition to us looking it over.

Also upload the recording itself to YouTube or somewhere else, unlisted, and paste that link here too. If it's not completely silent, the specific sound that does get there might help diagnose the problem.
Just wanted to say ty for the log analyzer link, and explaining this process. Super helpful!