No audio streaming to Facebook Live - Log included

stevemanncamera

Hi all,

I'm streaming to my Facebook page on Chrome over OBS Windows on my laptop, 3.4ghz 4gb ram, using the cam link. Chrome and OBS have the latest updates. 1080p input through a wireless video transmitter from my Sony A7RIII. Streams at 720p and 128 audio. Consistent audio on my camera, in headphones and in OBS itself, coming in with the HDMI. Recent audio source has been a Deity shotgun mic plugged directly into camera. I've also used an Azden Pro-XD wireless pack plugged into a board for an aux feed. I've been experiencing the audio completely removed from the stream at random times. I did a 35 minute stream where there was no audio for exactly the first half and then it came in perfectly for the second half. Additionally, other streams started will have full audio and then randomly it won't have any at all on other streams. No copyright music being used.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 2020-11-07 10-21-46.txt
    17 KB · Views: 95

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm not an expert in this, but until you get better feedback, a quick scroll through the logs shows
- 2 different audio sampling rates (always recommended against)
- looks like you are using WiFi vs wired Ethernet... again always recommended against, though I wouldn't think would be related to inconsistent audio

As your audio paths for various mics very different... I'm curious about audio related plugins (sorry, not familiar enough with latest logs to know where to look specifically). Have you had the intermittent audio with the various mic setups you mention?

Are you recording the stream/session, and is the audio there? if yes, then that helps isolate potential problem spot.

stevemanncamera

I'm not an expert in this, but until you get better feedback, a quick scroll through the logs shows
- 2 different audio sampling rates (always recommended against)
- looks like you are using WiFi vs wired Ethernet... again always recommended against, though I wouldn't think would be related to inconsistent audio

As your audio paths for various mics very different... I'm curious about audio related plugins (sorry, not familiar enough with latest logs to know where to look specifically). Have you had the intermittent audio with the various mic setups you mention?

Are you recording the stream/session, and is the audio there? if yes, then that helps isolate potential problem spot.
Thanks for your response. I've only noticed the inconsistent audio with my Deity shotgun mic. I don't record the sessions, but the levels do appear fine during the entire stream.

I'll look into the sampling rates. Thanks again.

stevemanncamera

did you use the virtual cam to stream to the chrome browser ?
I'm not familiar with the virtual cam. I'm using a cam link. Goes from a micro-HDMI out from camera into HDMI in the wireless video transmitter. Coming out of the wireless video receiver, we have HDMI on both ends, one of which plugs into the cam link.

Can you please explain the virtual cam further? Also, do I have to change something in the antivirus setup? Thanks.