Newb Audio Input Question

nuuliforged

Hello, I just have a simple question. I just want to play music (Via VLC player) on the background of my stream. I would like it to be its audio output source. I downloaded Virtual Audio Cables, and I believe I have set them up properly, as I do get them as an input device in OBS. but the VLC playback happens both through the VAC AND the speakers on my computer (while I have my headphones on and plugged in). I have a total of 3 audio sources. 1 - My Mic, 2 - My Discord Chat, 3 - Background Music. Currently, my discord chat comes through via a Headset (desktop 2 default) Audio Source. I want the background music as a 3rd controllable source so I can adjust its volume on the fly as needed. Like I said, I belive I have set up the Inputs correctly, but I cannot understand or figure out Why the VLC player is still playing through my speakers instead of ONLY transmitting to OBS via the VAC. Can anyone help/explain it very calmly? I did try to go in through the system sound settings, but anything I did just sort of mucked up the rest.

nuuliforged

look at the the sound settings in windows when VLC ist open look for app settings there you can route the ap to a virtual audio device and set it up in obs or banana
So have VLC closed, go to SOUND SETTINGS, and then what do you reccomend? What sort of VAD do you reccomend? right now I only have VAC and that is all... is there a step I am missing? I can get the VLC player audio to OBS with the VAC, it just also plays through my onboard speakers too and I woudl liek to bypass them.