New to Streaming, OBS disconnecting after Bitrate drops to 0

Christi

I am new to all of this. I have used OBS to record and upload videos to Youtube with no issues a year ago but I just tried to stream starting a week ago. I followed tutorials for setting up OBS for my Macbook Pro M1 to stream to YouTube. I recently switch ISP from Xfinity to Verizon Fios and I am getting upload speeds between 150 - 800 Mbps depending on the site I use to run the test. The stream starts out fine Picture looks great and OBS monitoring is showing Kbps ranging between 8587 -9848 with CPU between 4-6% with 0.0 dropped frames....Great! 40 mins in everything went to crap. Bitrate dropped...and kept dropping then OBS disconnected and reconnected I counted 3 times. Nothing else seemed to suffer...My internet said it wasn't them...I am at a loss. If anyone can make any sense of this I would appreciated it. I am not a technical wiz so I could be missing something glaring.
I am hardwired in to the internet. I am trying to stream PS5 video game through Elgato capture card, no web cam, only mic on my headset. No other plug ins or anything that I am aware of.

Thank you in advance for any and all help!!!

Attachments

• 2024-06-14 11-51-28.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 11

Lawrence_SoCal

one of those sessions in the log shows
12:45:56.248: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1214 (33.8%)

Something on your computer, or your LAN is causing network contention

OBS Studio Start CPU usage looks great, but may not involved the noise cancelling (which tends to be CPU intensive). You need to know what System Hardware resource (CPU, GPU, RAM, network and disk I/o, etc) utilization is like the entire time ... somethign at operating system level could be starting in background (like a file sync) and cause a bottleneck

A network speed test (ex Ookla's) usually drops low frames... however it that exact low threshold that matters for livestreaming. so, beware your testing methodology and interpretations of the results. Though unless somethign really wrong, you should be fine from an ISP perspective. However, what also matters is any and everything else using WAN upload bandwidth... for which you need to monitor router/firewall/gateway (depending on your network setup).