NDI Video source won't stop resizing while live

ltfacemelter

I use Skype and the NDI plugin to bring videos into OBS. When we are live, I notice that Skype videos have a tendency to resize mid-stream. For example, we'll be in the stream and without warning, a video at 600x400 is suddenly reduced to 300x200. And then sometimes it enlarges back to 600x400, or might even go smaller to 200x100.

In my limited research, it appears to be due to that specific person's bandwidth. I think it's Skype's way of saying that if that person's internet quality is low, rather than make the picture slightly less HD, it reduces its size to keep it in HD. I've also seen this problem more frequently with MacBooks.

Is there a way to lock Skype videos via NDI to a specific size so that it doesn't do this? I've tried manually setting the video height and width in the Edit Transform, but that doesn't lock it to that size with this issue.

I would love an answer to this, or perhaps an alternate way to bring in multiple cameras from a video chat so that this isn't an issue.

stanz9

Hello, I just ran into this and found a solution online. If you right click the NDI source and select Transform - Edit Transform. From the menu select bounding box type and select Scale to Inner bounds. This should fix it :)

carlmmii

Add a rescale filter and set the resolution you want. This will scale directly to the set resolution regardless of the incoming resolution.

carlmmii

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking there. You apply a filter to the video capture source.

If you're trying to deal with a camera feed that is resizing itself within a defined video resolution that's being sent, then that is a completely different issue and not one that can be fixed within OBS. That can only be done at the source which is controlling the camera size within the frame.