NDI gaming PC Display lagging

haddz

hi, i have not long set up my NDI 2 PC stream set up. I am having issues with lag it stutters the same amount on both PUBG and Warzone (only 2 games tested).

i have attached my Gaming PC log from my last stream (4+ Hrs)

The NDI source lags and i have also set up NDI- mic and NDI- ALL i Hear (audio out of sync but i managed to tweak it) Im not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I have OBS on Gaming PC and SLOBS on my gaming PC as no audio was coming through with OBS to OBS.

Gaming PC has one monitor and no extra Peripherals other than Mic, mouse, KB... trying to give as much info as possible.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/908737083

added image of the OBS set up on Gaming PC with my DXDIAG incase...

Motherboard
Z390 Aurus Ultra
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
RAM
32 GB 3600MHZ
Operating System
Windows 10
Drives
970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 1TB ( x2)

111.PNG

Attachments

• 2021-02-10 18-32-39.txt
    17 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Tomasz Góral

In your log file, NDI have problems.

23:07:01.236: Output 'NDI Main Output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 13436 (1.4%)

haddz

In your log file, NDI have problems.

23:07:01.236: Output 'NDI Main Output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 13436 (1.4%)

yes but as this is the 1st time using NDI i would like to resolve why :)

18:32:39.164: Game Bar: On
18:32:39.164: Game DVR: On
Disable IT

why you have a audio NDI in every scene ?

i only use one scene on PC unless recording as my scenes are on the recipient PC to stream. I will disable GAME Bar and DVR they were disabled before but Crossplat Games i.e xbox party chat is used over Discord for simplicity. I will disable and see how it goes

rockbottom

Try disabling the NDI Preview Output (no audio on this output anyway) & just leave the NDI Main Output active. Having both of them active increases the time to render frames & probably is causing your rendering lag.

18:32:57.367: [obs-ndi] starting NDI main output with name 'gamingPC'
18:32:57.367: [obs-ndi] 'gamingPC': ndi output started
18:32:57.367: [obs-ndi] starting NDI preview output with name 'StreamingPC'
18:32:57.368: [obs-ndi] 'StreamingPC': ndi output started

haddz

my viewers sorted me out ^^ .... changed up to NDI screen capture and using OBS on Stream PC only... disabled the game bar and DVR , no lag or delay.

Thank you for the responses ;)

rockbottom

If you're using Screen Capture HX, just a couple of notes:

1) It will use (1) of the encoding sessions on your GPU.

2) Audio/Video may go out of sync over time. I updated to NDI Tools v4.6.1 about a week ago & haven't bothered to test it yet but the sync issue was pretty bad in v4.6.0.