My streams common fps is set to 60 fps but doesn't look 60 fps

FerretBomb

That log file does not contain a live streaming or recording session. We need to see a log from one at least 30 seconds in length to be able to diagnose what's going on. Most commonly this is caused by GPU over-loading, forcing OBS to skip frames due to being unable to complete its compositing/rendering tasks (which use a tiny bit of GPU resources).

One immediate problem though, you've set the RGB color range to 'Full' instead of 'Partial' like it should be. Full RGB requires a specialized end-to-end workflow and is only used for recording (never for streaming), and having it set to Full can cause significant color drift problems. Swap it back to Partial in Settings->Advanced.

swaggy_kb

Thanks for the feedback here is another log file from before

Attachments

• 2020-08-29 06-53-38.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 245

FerretBomb

The logfile says you aren't dropping/skipping frames, so most likely it's this:
06:53:41.495: - scene 'Scene':
06:53:41.495: - source: 'Display Capture' (monitor_capture)
06:53:41.495: - source: 'Elgato' (dshow_input)
06:53:41.495: - source: 'Game Capture' (game_capture)
Never have a Display Capture in the same scene as a Game or Window Capture. Display captures can interfere dramatically and cause performance problems (even if they're set non-visible); they should be avoided except as an absolute last resort, not used out of convenience. If you absolutely NEED one for some reason, place it in a second Scene on its own.

Beyond that, your monitor refresh is set at 144hz while you're streaming at 60fps; this causes an uneven pulldown as frames are erratically discarded to pipe that down. Recommend setting your monitor's refresh rate to 120hz instead. As it's a full-integer divisor, that will just discard every other frame and result in smoother motion.

swaggy_kb

The logfile says you aren't dropping/skipping frames, so most likely it's this:

Never have a Display Capture in the same scene as a Game or Window Capture. Display captures can interfere dramatically and cause performance problems (even if they're set non-visible); they should be avoided except as an absolute last resort, not used out of convenience. If you absolutely NEED one for some reason, place it in a second Scene on its own.

Beyond that, your monitor refresh is set at 144hz while you're streaming at 60fps; this causes an uneven pulldown as frames are erratically discarded to pipe that down. Recommend setting your monitor's refresh rate to 120hz instead. As it's a full-integer divisor, that will just discard every other frame and result in smoother motion.

I did a second stream test and it still doesn't seem to be smooth. Do you think its because of my gpu? I also set my monitor to 120 hz.
CLIP: https://clips.twitch.tv/DeafMushyDragonfruitBCWarrior
LOG FILE: below

Attachments

• 2020-08-30 11-33-57.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 293

FerretBomb

Clip looks fairly smooth for the most part. It's possible that it may be just because you're used to seeing it in a higher refresh than 60fps. With that building-example you're also somewhat throwing a worst-case scenario at the encoder with a TON of movement and screen changes. You did drop just under 1% of frames due to your network connection, which could be contributing here and there.

Try dropping your monitor to 60hz and play for a couple of days like that (to give your eyes and brain a chance to adjust to the new 'normal'), see if it looks any more or less smooth than the clip.

XLSILENT

Clip looks fairly smooth for the most part. It's possible that it may be just because you're used to seeing it in a higher refresh than 60fps. With that building-example you're also somewhat throwing a worst-case scenario at the encoder with a TON of movement and screen changes. You did drop just under 1% of frames due to your network connection, which could be contributing here and there.

Try dropping your monitor to 60hz and play for a couple of days like that (to give your eyes and brain a chance to adjust to the new 'normal'), see if it looks any more or less smooth than the clip.
i know this is a very late reply but i watched his clip compared to mine and i think somethings wrong because it actually isnt 60 fps i can tell

heres a youtube video of what im talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bHJ961YyP8
its only roblox and its doing it

i also provided a log file for the problem

Attachments

• 2022-01-22 02-25-13.txt
    30.2 KB · Views: 58