My Minecraft recordings appear to be laggy for no reason

pedrokopp

This happens exclusively with minecraft, no other apps are affected by this, which is why I think this is super strange.
I have attached a log file down below, since I couldn't generate a log file through OBS itself. I believe every essential piece of info is in there.
Also, here's a recording from the last time I used OBS, which was yesterday:
Some important timestamps for the video: 0:31 - 7:40 and beyond.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2021-09-22 17-16-34.txt
    18 KB · Views: 20

FerretBomb

17:54:28.114: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 5736 (4.4%)
17:54:28.114: ==== Recording Stop ================================================
17:54:28.114: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 20202/128965 (15.7%)
You're using Lookahead, Psychovisual Tuning, and the Max Quality preset, which regularly cause problems. Turn off the first two and use the Quality preset instead.

You should also run OBS in Administrator mode and are not.

You are using two Display Captures. DCs should be avoided AT ALL COSTS as they are the worst-performing capture method, and can regularly conflict with Game Captures and Window Captures when in the same scene, as well as if you have more than one Display Capture at all. Especially when pointing at the SAME display, as your two THREE are.
At the very minimum, delete the second one and 'add existing' to re-use the first one so you don't have the duplication-conflict to worry about. Preferably, stop using DC entirely and switch to a Window or Game capture.

You are also recording to VBR. Don't ever record to CBR or VBR, use CQP or CRF for local recordings.

pedrokopp

You're using Lookahead, Psychovisual Tuning, and the Max Quality preset, which regularly cause problems. Turn off the first two and use the Quality preset instead.

You should also run OBS in Administrator mode and are not.

You are using two Display Captures. DCs should be avoided AT ALL COSTS as they are the worst-performing capture method, and can regularly conflict with Game Captures and Window Captures when in the same scene, as well as if you have more than one Display Capture at all. Especially when pointing at the SAME display, as your two THREE are.
At the very minimum, delete the second one and 'add existing' to re-use the first one so you don't have the duplication-conflict to worry about. Preferably, stop using DC entirely and switch to a Window or Game capture.

You are also recording to VBR. Don't ever record to CBR or VBR, use CQP or CRF for local recordings.
Hey, thank you so much! I had absolutely no idea those things made my recording lag, but one more question, do you think I have to change anything related to the bitrate amount I use for my videos? I'm not sure if that affects anything, considering my PC specs.

FerretBomb

Hey, thank you so much! I had absolutely no idea those things made my recording lag, but one more question, do you think I have to change anything related to the bitrate amount I use for my videos? I'm not sure if that affects anything, considering my PC specs.
Yes. You shouldn't be using a set bitrate at all. Use CQP/CRF instead. It will use as much or as little bitrate as is needed to maintain a given image quality level.
Start out with CQP 22, which is 'very good' visual quality. CQP 16 is 'visually lossless', but results in much larger files. CQP 12 should only be used if you plan to edit and re-encode the video later, to minimize artifacting, and will result in HUGE files. Below 12 should not be used without a very specific purpose, and absolutely massive (multiple terabytes) amounts of dedicated recording drive space.