Move

Move 3.0.1

oosman

Would it be possible to further refine the source matching? For example: "Source", "Source 1", and "Source 2" are spread across a variety of scenes. Transitioning between scenes that contain Source and Source 1 (or Source 2) get picked up by the matching algorithm and everything works as intended. However, transitioning between scenes that contain "Source 1" and "Source 2" do NOT get picked up because "Source 1" is not found in the source name "Source 2". In the meantime, I've come up with a pretty inelegant workaround by appending each source name with letters of the alphabet (SourceA, SourceAB, SourceABC...). Thanks! mafia777 download
Hi,
this plugin (2.6.1) not working with OBS 27.1.3 (64Bit). I mean not loading?

rjhanson

I am having an issue of getting move.source to activate on my 2 Ubuntu 23.10 boxes. I have flatpak version of OBS studio 30.0 and move. I created the move.sources in the filter window of the scene and then I activate them there it works fine. When I close the filter and select the scene I do not get the motion I setup but the end visual of the configuration.

I have 2 windows computers, win10 and win11, same setup and they work correctly.

Question is, do I delete the Flatpak version and go build it? Anyone have my issue? Been working this for a week and not found a solution yet

ectv96

i see some glitches on OBS 29/30 (i don't remember exactly)

glitches happen when i using Move Transition as Scene Transitions, and i'm using Move Values on Sources Filters and Move Action on Scenes to trigger those sources. i use crop filters on my sources because i wanted to add rounded edges on sources that changing dynamically based on their aspect ratio.

and this issue is always happening at first launch of OBS, AND... strangely after few minutes of not changing any scenes.

any solution? thankyou!

Gradus

i see some glitches on OBS 29/30 (i don't remember exactly)

glitches happen when i using Move Transition as Scene Transitions, and i'm using Move Values on Sources Filters and Move Action on Scenes to trigger those sources. i use crop filters on my sources because i wanted to add rounded edges on sources that changing dynamically based on their aspect ratio.

and this issue is always happening at first launch of OBS, AND... strangely after few minutes of not changing any scenes.

any solution? thankyou!
Version 2.9.6 is buggy for me too. I use multiple transitions. When I switch a scene using Fade etc. and return to the scene using move, the transition is repositioning them again like at your video. Move transition, supposed to update only the material changed at the scene.

I have switched back to then previous version.

rjhanson

Hello all,
I am using Ubuntu 23.10, Flatpak obs studio 30.0 and move 2.9.6 and can not get it to work completely.
When I create the move source filters in a scene and test them in the filter window, they work exactly like I want to work. When I go to the scene and select it, the sources do not move but displays all at the same time, no move transitions.

I have obs studio 30.0 and move 2.9.6 on a windows 10 and a windows 11 box and everything works exactly as they should.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, looked all the youtube's I can find but nobody but me seems to have this issue.
Any pointers? Been working on this for a week + and really need to get my project going.
Thanks

timmytron

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding a pretty specific bugs I'm experiencing with the Move Video Capture Device filter and likely a question for Exeldro specifically.

I use a Instalink 360 camera and use this filter to move its position around some various saved preset locations using this filter. In some situations, I chain multiple move filters together to create a loop much like you'd see with a security camera

Issue 1 - This filter seems to have broken the ability to move this camera between version 2.9.1 and 2.9.2. In some situations the camera will rapidly move to the target location, but then the camera will freeze entirely for about 5-6 seconds and reset to the original position and then try again and repeat. Other times it will just not do anything or move to the next filter in the loop. I tried all versions from 2.8.5 through to 2.9.6 and the problem appears to be introduced at version 2.9.2

Issue 2 - If I put some time in the end delay setting the FPS in OBS drops from 30 to 19. If I zero this out and put it in start delay this does not occur at all. I did not expect this behaviour but it does give your broadcast a performance impact so I will workaround the problem for now using start delay only. This has been observed across all versions.

Cyan10

Hello,

I updated from OBS27 and move 2.6.1, to OBS30 and move 2.9.6

I'm using Move to do alert animation by chaining different pictures visibility.
I'm using different Move source with option "Visibility: Show during movement" so the source is displayed while the filter is active, and hidden when the filter ends.
Each Move source filter has a "Next move" pointing to the next filter I want to use, which again display the next picture, moves it, and hides it at the end of the movement, then trigger the next Move source filter visibility, etc.

Since the update to OBS30 and Move296, the animation is blinking/Flickering between each Move source filter. I see the picture being hidden at the end of the filter before the next filter is enabled and display its picture. there wasn't any missing frame before the update.

I noticed it's not happening if I don't check "unload the picture if not visible" in the picture settings, in OBS. But I'd prefer to unload unused picture to free memory.
Is there a way to prevent this blinking effect using Move source while keeping OBS setting to unload unused pictures from memory ?
It used to work on obs27, so it's not a picture loading speed issue, they are few kb only.
If it's an OBS issue, I'll just keep the pictures in memory all the time, or do with the blink effect.

What are these visibility options for : Order, absolute, relative, difference and position ?
Could any of these affect the visibility delay between filters ?

timmytron

Hello,

I updated from OBS27 and move 2.6.1, to OBS30 and move 2.9.6

I'm using Move to do alert animation by chaining different pictures visibility.
I'm using different Move source with option "Visibility: Show during movement" so the source is displayed while the filter is active, and hidden when the filter ends.
Each Move source filter has a "Next move" pointing to the next filter I want to use, which again display the next picture, moves it, and hides it at the end of the movement, then trigger the next Move source filter visibility, etc.

Since the update to OBS30 and Move296, the animation is blinking/Flickering between each Move source filter. I see the picture being hidden at the end of the filter before the next filter is enabled and display its picture. there wasn't any missing frame before the update.

I noticed it's not happening if I don't check "unload the picture if not visible" in the picture settings, in OBS. But I'd prefer to unload unused picture to free memory.
Is there a way to prevent this blinking effect using Move source while keeping OBS setting to unload unused pictures from memory ?
It used to work on obs27, so it's not a picture loading speed issue, they are few kb only.
If it's an OBS issue, I'll just keep the pictures in memory all the time, or do with the blink effect.

What are these visibility options for : Order, absolute, relative, difference and position ?
Could any of these affect the visibility delay between filters ?
Try an older version of the Move Transition, like 2.9.1.

Cyan10

Thanks for the answer.
I should have test different versions before posting, as I updated both OBS and Move.

I reverted back to Move 2.9.0 and also 2.6.1, it's happening too.
So it's definitely an OBS issue. I didn't try to revert OBS version so I don't know which version had that issue first.
I also changed my computer from win7 to 11, but I doubt it's a file access speed issue, the files are very small.
The blinking effect is very short, like 1 frame, but I'll keep the picture in memory even if not visible. That's just few kb pictures so it's fine.

I'm still wondering what the Order (start/end, relative/absolute), and the position number are for.
I guess I don't need them, but I like to understand all available options.

iamchrisrodgers

ISSUE WITH AUDIO MOVE.
i have been using the audio move ability from the move transition for years now but just recently when i close my OBS the program crashes and i get the SAFE MODE OR NORMAL MODE pop up every time i open the program again. i checked my crash log and i see its the audio move filter that is crashing. any update on this or anyone getting this issue too?

Just tried to install, and like many others the move-transition options do not appear when I try to add a Scene Transition.

Details:
OBS Studio v27.2.4 (also v25.0.8)
Move-transition-2.96
Both Windows 10 and Windows 11 w/ Intel chips
Log file (attached) makes no mention of move-transition plugin. (Ignore some of the 'hardware missing' errors - the OBS configuration was copied over from another computer.)

Looking forward to using this, and thanks for the efforts!

Attachments

• 2023-12-13 20-06-12.txt
    25.2 KB · Views: 14
Just tried to install, and like many others the move-transition options do not appear when I try to add a Scene Transition.

Details:
OBS Studio v27.2.4 (also v25.0.8)
Move-transition-2.96
Both Windows 10 and Windows 11 w/ Intel chips
Log file (attached) makes no mention of move-transition plugin. (Ignore some of the 'hardware missing' errors - the OBS configuration was copied over from another computer.)

Looking forward to using this, and thanks for the efforts!
I forgot to mention that the move-transition.dll and move-transition.pdb files were placed in C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit . And I tried installing the C++ redistributable resulted in an error; saying it was already installed. Control Panel --> Programs and Features shows that Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable is installed for X64.

Destroy666

And bump. Anyone, please? For now using a workaround with Advanced Scene Switcher that just does it when switching to chosen scenes. But that's not perfect as it's not dynamic and my scene setup could change anytime. Is it achievable with Move itself based on position alone?
Bumping yet again