Move

Move 2.12.0

DachsbauTV

Hey Exeldro,

First off thanks for the amazing work with this plugin (and all your others too)

I wanted to use the Move value function now, but I can't get it to work.
Whereever I add it to (Source, Scene, Source and Scene) It will not show the settings from your screenshot, but the standard move transition settings.

Any idea what could cause this?

Already tried reinstalling the plugin.

Using OBS 27.0.1. on Win10 64

Choppermeir

Hello I've installed this tonight but OBS 27.0.01 does not see it. I've checked program files and it shows the .DLL file in OBS plugins but I have no option to "add move" in my transitions drop down. Any ideas?

Daniel_Ferraz

If you use OBS for on Linux:

If you installed OBS via APT Install or from .deb package
-> Plugins should be placed in ~/.config/obs-studio/plugins directory

If you installed OBS via flatpack packages
-> Plugins should be placed in ~/.var/app/com.obsproject.Studio/config/obs-studio/plugins directory

Xypher Orion

I think I found a bug...

It seems that Using a Move Value I am unable to select the Scene for a Move Source. I was hoping to be able to use this to switch which source I was moving to a location. This would be extremely useful, and I was hoping it might be possible to update the plugin to implement this functionality.

1632668637745.png

The First blank appears to correlate with the Custom Duration of Move Source
The Second is the Audio Fade Percentage
Source doesn't show up at all!

Thank you for all of your hard work and amazing plugins!

MrCanerican

I have it ... mostly figured out. But I need help with the last step.
My cameras are placed in a separate overlay, which is then placed as a nested scene in my main scenes. I have created Move Source filters on the Camera Overlay Scene, for the locations of the cameras, for each of the Scenes they appear in. How can I now have the respective filter fire when that Scene is triggered? i.e. how do I link 1) Game 1 Scene with the Game1cam Move Source filter inside the Camera Overlay Scene?
Thanks!

Exeldro

Exeldro updated Move transition with a new update entry:

Version 2.5.1

add options for formatted text move
View attachment 75707

format for time examples:
time: %X time: 01:02:03
time: %R time: 01:02
time: %H hours %M minutes %S seconds time: 01 hours 02 minutes 03 seconds
for real time make sure the duration is set to the difference times 1000 and easing is set off

format float examples:
the value is %.0f the value is 1234
the value is %.3f the value is 1234.567

Read the rest of this update entry...

ASchneider

Hello Exeldro, thanks for this update :)

I was giving it a try and could not figure out how it works...

Here's a video showing a simples 3 minutes GDI text countdown: https://streamable.com/ylxklz

There are no easy ease, set the initial value to 180, then the other filter to 0 and duration of 180000ms and it starts subtracting about half a minute from the countdown...

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

ASchneider

@ASchneider it looks like you need to set the start trigger to enable. In the video it continues the count where you paused it by disabling the filter
It worked, thanks a lot!

1633279375131.png

Now I think I understand better what the start trigger does :) I thought this was only for automating the filter trigger but it seems it does more than that...

Thanks!

YorVeX

Thanks for the text feature update, used this to replace the LUA script I was using to have countdowns that automatically start each time certain scenes are activated (e.g. 5 minute countdown on AFK scene).

I noticed that this filter doesn't allow me to select "Text" as soon as the text is coming from a file. I was hoping that it could be applied to number values that change in a file and make the text source auto-update, e.g. a number in the file increases from 10 to 20 and then this filter makes the value slowly go up instead of just directly updating to the new value as it is now. But I guess that's not possible with this filter?

Mama_Riley

For some reason, with the Audio Move filter only "Scale Y" is working for me. No other options have any effect. Anyone know why or know a fix?

boylag

Im wondering if you can change the custom duration to change %S to milliseconds and %M to seconds as well as %H to minutes.

FTP

Hi @Exeldro

Quick question: is Move Transition able to match sources names that are nested scenes?

Example:

I have 1 source called "Webcam".

Then 2 foundation scenes:
- "Webcam full" that includes the source "Webcam", full screen
- "Webcam mini" that includes the source "Webcam", in small at the bottom right

Then 2 scenes to use live:
- "Live cam full screen" that includes 2 sources: the "Webcam full" scene and a background image behind
- "Live Chrome" that also includes 2 sources: the "Webcam mini" scene and the "Chrome" software window behind

Now, if I try to apply Move Transition in between the 2 Live scenes, with "with the last word removed matches the other source name" enabled, it's not matching! It should in between the 2 sources "Webcam full" and "Webcam mini" with the last word removed.

And even if rename "Webcam full" in just "Webcam" and apply Move Transition in between the 2 Live scenes, with "contains the other source name" enabled, it's still not matching! While it should in between the 2 sources "Webcam" and "Webcam mini" as "Webcam mini" contains "Webcam".

So is it not matching because the sources are nested scenes?
And if "yes" it's the reason why it's not matching, is there other source types that are not compatible?

Thanks!

FTP

BTW, in addition to my question above, I also have a suggestion:

Would it be possible to add a 4th criteria "with the last word matches the other source name last word" to the "Match if the source name" list of criteria?

The idea is the following:
"Webcam full screen - 5DMkIII" could match "Webcam mini bottom right - 5DMkIII" as "5DMkIII" matches 5DMkIII".

This option would leave much more flexibility than "...number removed..." or "...last word removed..." as the rest of the names would stay completely free.
"Webcam full screen" could match with "Webcam mini bottom right", "Webcam mini bottom left", "Webcam zoomed", etc. etc., just by adding a kind of source Id at the end of the name, like "5DMkIII", "Webcam", "SrcCam02", etc.

Indeed, with the current "...number removed..." or "...last word removed..." option it's the contrary: all the name has to be the same, only 1 single number or word can be used to differentiate 2 sources. While I suggest all the name is free, only the last word has to match.

Thanks by advance!

Last edited:

Severino

I installed your wonderful move transition plugin. But I can't get it working.
It doesn't show the "add move" in the dropdown of the Scene Transitions. It is only showing in the filters, but I need it in the transition dropdown. Can you please help me to figure this out?
Thank you very much and kind regards.
Severino