Move

Move 2.12.0

sirconnor92

Hello. Having some trouble understanding the updated move transition override.

Scenario 1. I have one scene with a data bar on it and I want it to slide out to the right when I change scenes and drop in from the top in that new scene and vice versa. But for some reason the bar is moving from the right to the top as if there is a matched scene even though no matched scene is established.

Scenario 2. My camera moves as intended from my chat scene to my game scene. However, when a game is already present in my game screen, the game overrides or hides the camera transition so it just blinks in and out as if no movement was configured.

samathan

hi, i downloaded this plugin mainly to be able to have some audio sources fade in-between scene transitions during livestreams.
for context, at the moment i only really need the "starting soon", "be right back", and "end" songs to fade in and out when switching scenes. i have only been able to figure out how to make the songs fade IN when switching INTO those scenes (start trigger = activate), but i still don't understand which settings to use to make the songs fade OUT when transitioning OUT of those scenes. i've tried many different start and stop trigger combinations, but so far i haven't gotten anything. if there are any specific things i need to do to have the scene songs fade OUT when exiting a scene, while still having the same songs be able to fade INTO those same scenes, please let me know! best regards!

EDIT: grammar mistakes, my apologies lol

1Neil

I see there were fixes for audio increasing in volume when a move is actioned. I'm still having this issue. I have an up-to-date version and am also on a brand new rig, although I imported my OBS etc. I had this issue on the old rig too.

@Bronmaiky the current version and previous versions of the plugin should work without a problem on OBS 28

Just reverified - the move transitions is not working in OBS v28.0 or 28.0.1 on MacOS Arm64. Using a Arm64 build from May, it worked without issue. Something must have changed in the OBS project since an early build that was compatible. Thanks for your help.

Here's a link to my OBS Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/l8YuccWMoYJU_Eys

@thomaslfessler arm support is not made for this plugin yet. You might have been using the x86 version of OBS before.
Someone in the mac forum compiled version 2.5.4 for use on arm64 Macos. I've attached a copy of it for reference. Unfortunately x86 transitions won't work with apple silicon mac's. Do you have a timeline as I won't transition to v28 until your transition supports the platform.

Attachments

• move-transition-2.5.4-macos-arm64-legacy.7z
    47.8 KB · Views: 29

Sowbug

Hi guys. Unfortunately my OBS is crashing when i`m using the move source filters with a hotkey on a scene. I attached the crashlog and maybe you guys can help me out.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-09-04 13-26-52.txt
    150 KB · Views: 10

LinkinBreak

This might be a dumb question, but can this plugin work for a text layer? Every tutorial I see is to move an image or your video camera. I tried using it on a text layer and I can't get the transform data or get it to move anywhere. I'm probably missing something simple, but my brain just can't figure it out.

ShuyinBlitz

Hey there, even though i'm reading it's working for OBS 28, I can't manage to make mine works.
Any tips/help someone?

I extracted the plugins in my obs-studio folder, still don't have it on the transitions scenes dock :(

Edit : I moved my obs-studio folder into program files x86, but it installed on program files before. I'm just used to check for my software on x86 that's why. Does it matters?

brandonhull

@Bronmaiky the current version and previous versions of the plugin should work without a problem on OBS 28
I ran into an interesting problem. I installed this on OBS 28 and it worked great. Everything was perfect. I then downgraded OBS in order to be able to use other plugins that aren't supported with 28. Move disappeared. And now no matter how many times I try to reinstall it, the transition isn't reappearing anywhere.

Is there a folder I can clear out to try again. I've tried this for about 2 hours now, with no luck.

I've noticed that when copying filters between different scenes, the positioning data and I believe other data is not moving over to the new scene. This is when doing a scene filter copy, i'm on version 27.2.4.

M_BreezyFM

Hi,

I installed the plugin last night in order to set up a move source filter for my camera and it worked perfectly. However I've tested it today and now whenever I use my hotkey to reverse the action (moving the camera back to the left hand side of the screen) it causes OBS to crash. Has anyone had anything similar and know of a potential fix for this?

Crash log attached.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-09-11 12-42-21.txt
    303.6 KB · Views: 8
Sharing a link of Move Transition version 2.6.1 compiled for MacOS.

Download the plugin and unzip.
Right click on the OBS app - show package contents -> navigate to contents -> plugins. Drag 'move-transition.plugin' into the folder.
Placing the plugin in the usual location does not seem to work.