Question / Help Minecraft 1.14. Just Another Black Screen Thread.

smelly

Hey folks!
I've had excellent results with Minecraft versions 1.12.2, 1.13, 1.13.1, and 1.13.2.
However, all snapshots, pre-releases and now official release versions of 1.14 are black-screening using Xcomposite window capture.

I've created a new Scene Collection with only the Minecraft window on its default transformation, fresh and unchanged.
Beyond that I tried every combination of the checkboxes (Swap, Lock, Capture, Include, Mesa Workaround) and all I can ever get is my cursor.

Within the game, I've tried Vsync toggles, limiting the framerate, altering the maximum resolution - toggled everything but fullscreen (I do know not to touch that.)
I've tried closing and re-launching each program after making changes, in both orders (Obs first / Mc first) just to prove I have no further idea what I am doing.

My log file (Minecraft 1.14, unsuccessful):
https://obsproject.com/logs/VQXjQd8zfWCXxu7V

Another log file (Minecraft 1.13.2, still successful):
https://obsproject.com/logs/deuU2zMYp6y9Is-x

This is the best I've got, I hope my effort was deserving of some advice. I know there may be no solution, judging from most of the topics I've seen. There are others who had this problem going into 1.13.2, now 1.14 is triggering the same issue on my setup.

Could switching MC versions have an arbitrary effect independent of the changes to the actual game, perhaps due to its installation method? This question is above my pay grade, so thanks for any attention to it.

smelly

I don't do this on purpose, just constantly.
Figured it out.
The releases that all work have Optifine installed.
The releases which do not, do not. This includes 1.13.2 which I never though to run on its lonesome this way.

I'll submit this as an archive for SEO's sake - MINECRAFT USERS NEED OPTIFINE TO FIX OBS!
Please approve this post as I have not found this information anywhere else after two weeks of searching. I hope to help!!
(You should already be using Optifine anyway if you're on Vanilla!)