Mic crackles/cuts out (only) when recording game

DocDoesGaming

Hi everybody!

My OBS records fine as long as I'm not running any game, but the audio from my mic gets chopped up once I'm running one.
I haven't found any solution to this yet, anyone got similar issues?

I've been using this mic with OBS for a while and have never run into this issue before.

Thank you in advance!

Here's my log btw:

Last edited:

PaiSand

You are using 4 game-captures at the same time. Please use only one and then add different scenes if you really need other game-captues.

Also:
Please restart OBS and perform a test stream/recording of at least 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Now look inside Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

PaiSand

You need to enable windows game mode (it helps) and don't use SLI capture mode. Run OBS as admin. Simple follow directions and recommendations on the analizer.

You only have 8GB of RAM, which is too little. You need at least 16GB.

uuoocl

Changing the "audiodg.exe" process settings in the Task Manager may help.

1. Open the Task Manager as an administrator (right-click in Start Menu then Run as Administrator)
2. Select the "Details" tab along the top
3. Find the "audiodg.exe" process and right-click it (note: if you can't see this process, you haven't opened the Task Manager as an administrator, go back to step 1).
4. Set the priority of "audiodg.exe" to "High"
5. Set the affinity of "audiodg.exe" to a single core e.g. CPU 2

This tip came from youTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71HrZfR_Fro