Mic audio still playing in scenes where it's not a source

dheidel

I have OBS configured with two scenes. One that shows my webcam, the second that plays back a video file. I'd like for my webcam mic to be muted while the video is playing. I've disabled all the audio devices under Preferences>Audio and have added the appropriate sources to the scenes. Nonetheless, when I play back the video, my webcam mic is still being streamed.

A few other details that may be important. I'm using obs-mac-virtualcam and in order to have that configured correctly, I'm using VB-Cable as my monitoring device (I get the same issue monitoring through Soundflower as well). In my webcam scene, the mic is set to "Monitor Only," in the video scene, the video audio is set to "Monitor and Output."

Screenshots and a log file are attached. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.26.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.26.39 PM.png
    637.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.26.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.26.52 PM.png
    101.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.27.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 1.27.00 PM.png
    95 KB · Views: 40
  • YjmNpyS2cFR370QK.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 17

Brian Seeger

I am having exactly this problem. I also happen to have virtual-cam installed. My mic audio persists across all scenes. I have a collection set up with four scenes at the moment, 1 with mic, 3 without, and the mic volume is the same across all of them.

Steps I have taken to troubleshoot so far:
• Virtual cam on or off - no change
• Deleted and reinstantiated mic
• Shut down, rebooted etc
• Turned all globals in the preferences>audio from disabled to something, and then set them all back again to disabled
• If I mute the mic in the mixer in the one scene that I have it in, it is then muted in all of the scenes that it should be muted in
• I have used a variety of mic sources, including a USB mic, internal mic, and mics running their signal through Loopback

I have downloaded previous versions of the software, including one that I used successfully with a similar scene set, and those are exhibiting the same audio issue now. Quizzical.

I have not upgraded my OS since this problem appeared.

Any insights greatly appreciated!

some108

I'm having the same issue. Wasn't the case before... not sure what happened.
All global devices disabled, but still the mic from one scene is heard in other scenes... even when showing as inactive under Advanced Audio Properties.

Any update or fix since the last messages were posted?