Memory leak while streaming

Omega2513

While streaming, I've been having major memory leaks where I've watched the RAM usage climb all the way up it 11GB of RAM, slow down my computer, FPS drops to around 11FPS and then forces my stream to disconnect. My computer specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
32GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 11

I haven't had issues like this since upgrading to Win 11 so I wonder if that is the issue, but I have included the log file even though it doesn't give much detail. After the crash, I switched over to Twitch Studio to finish my stream. https://obsproject.com/logs/-dDWDyOW_RFOO9kn
Any help in this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 2022-02-03 19-51-14.txt
    65.7 KB · Views: 37

Lawrence_SoCal

Win11 is a work-in-progress, like WinME, Vista, 8, etc. Whether it will ever become a stable OS is to be seen. Win11is NOT really ready for prime time.
And then you are running that PoS plugin streamelements (a lot of correlation with problem systems. causation? no idea).
I suspect that streamelements plugin default allows you to make a mess of things. so some research into cleaning it up would probably be a good idea (review OBS log yourself and identify mis-, or not-, configured settings, items and resolve if possible... can't hurt)
but take others input over mine, as this isn't my area/use case for OBS

Omega2513

Well it happened again. I didn't change any settings and will include the log file. For now, I'll just stick with Twitch Studio

Attachments

• 2022-02-05 15-47-56.txt
    76 KB · Views: 23
  • 2022-02-05 16-16-48.txt
    63.9 KB · Views: 17

CybaGirl

As mentioned, Windows 11 from what I have read is not gamer friendly.

Perhaps going back to Windows 10 may be better.

Omega2513

Now this is helpful, thank you. I did end up going back to Win 10 but I'll keep this in mind if I go to Win 11 again or if I get the same issues in Win 10. I do have the mic and webcam on the USB roothub but didn't think that would make a difference. Network drives are good but I do know I have to update my bios.

markman641

I had this same issue. Reinstalled OBS and all my plugins and have not had the issue since. The StreamElements plugin as well as OBS has had a few updates that may have fixed it.

AngryGinjaNinja

While streaming, I've been having major memory leaks where I've watched the RAM usage climb all the way up it 11GB of RAM, slow down my computer, FPS drops to around 11FPS and then forces my stream to disconnect. My computer specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
32GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
Windows 11

I haven't had issues like this since upgrading to Win 11 so I wonder if that is the issue, but I have included the log file even though it doesn't give much detail. After the crash, I switched over to Twitch Studio to finish my stream. https://obsproject.com/logs/-dDWDyOW_RFOO9kn
Any help in this would be appreciated.
Im having the same issues running a i71200k with ddr5 on a 790 mobo and I’m looking for answers as well