Memory Leak while streaming

TabetaiCooking

Hello everyone, I've been trying to fix this issue myself for about a month with zero success! Right around the three hour mark of each of my streams, my computer runs out of RAM. My computer isn't exactly the newest, but here's my system specs:
Intel i7-7700K @ 4.20GHz
16GB of RAM
Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

Should be able to handle streaming, right? I have been doing a cooking stream for three years and this issue has been constant for the past few months. Once my memory maxes out (I monitor it with CleanMem or Task Manager) my computer freezes and I have to do a hard restart.

I tried reformatting my hard drive, reinstalling windows/OBS, and the issue is still there. Notably it doesn't happen when I do a bandwidth test, just when I'm actually live on Twitch. I've tried running stream without a browser window open, I've uninstalled all plug-ins, I just don't know what to try anymore.

Attached is the log file from today's stream. Any insight would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 2021-06-11 16-16-53.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 147

deFrisselle

Run OBS as Admin
You USB audio line in is not the same sample rate as the other audio sources That can cause audio lag, stuttering, general lag
Your FPS is set to 60000 Not sure how OBS handles that I assume you meant that to be 60
Never put Game and Display captures in the same scene, it causes interference that can cause some major issues

Fix those and see what happens plus post another log

TabetaiCooking

Firstly, thanks for your quick reply!

I've corrected the audio sample rate and the Game/Display capture, will try again tomorrow and report back. Be advised, though, that my fps is not set to 60000, it is set to 60000/1001, which is equal to 59.94fps. This is because I am matching the NTSC framrate that is put out by my cameras. I've included a screenshot of my video settings for your reference.

All the same, I've modified my framerate in OBS to 60fps, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    44.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 2021-06-12 00-02-07.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 48

TabetaiCooking

As promised, here's an updated logfile. Memory still seemed to leak, but stream wasn't long enough for a crash. Any takers/advice? Somehow my sample rate changed back to the mismatched one, even though I distinctly remember changing it in Windows settings yesterday hahaha.

Attachments

• 2021-06-12 18-07-05.txt
    32.6 KB · Views: 46

TabetaiCooking

Further update: Had a freeze due to memory leak today. Uploading two log files, the first is from the beginning of the stream until the freeze, the second is from the freeze to the end of stream.

I reduced the framerate to 30 to see if fps was affecting the memory leak, and it appeared to have no effect. Still crashed around the three-hour mark.

Attachments

• 2021-06-13 12-09-56.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 2021-06-13 15-21-55.txt
    29.2 KB · Views: 39

TryHD

[Mod edit: Please do not use derogatory terms towards other users. Comment removed.]
1. you don't fix a memory leak with a limiter
2. you don't distribute binarys via github without looking shady.
3. You don't necro years old threads just to promote your malware.

Last edited by a moderator:

0vm

@0vm are you retarded?
the source code is all there, you can compile it yourself if you do not trust it. It loops a GC.Collect which gets rid of the high memory usage, without causing stutters or anything on the stream or on the loader.

0vm

@0vm are you retarded?
also the reason im posting it on old threads was because I was looking through every single possible thread for a fix when i had the issue, posting it on the ones that come up first can help the most people the quickest.

PaiSand

also the reason im posting it on old threads was because I was looking through every single possible thread for a fix when i had the issue, posting it on the ones that come up first can help the most people the quickest.
Like if you wanted to promote agressively a malware...

LucaNonato

We're having the same issue (Even though it started a few weeks ago or so) but OBS doesn't even need to be streaming: being open is enough to begin sucking all available RAM till it crashes.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
8GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 (Driver 473.47, upgraded as "fresh install" to remove all previous config)
Kingston SKC600256G

I tried reverting to older versions, but the issue also occurs with:

I can try going further back in time but i'm pretty sure it won't make any difference. Now i'm installing KB5014666 (Latest cumulative update), i'll let you know.

Cheers!
Luca

osi74

Hello I wanted to let everyone know that I think the AUDIO MONITOR 0.83 plugin is leaking memory in OBS eventually causing a crash.
I removed it narrowing everything down to the fact that the unlogged OBS crashes started about a day after I updated this plugin.
Now that I removed this plugin the memory leak is fixed and OBS is steady and back to using around ~400mb for our 24/7 stream.
I don't think a lot of people stream this long up to 48hrs if I forget at 9pm to reset the stream and most other 24/7 streamers don't go live and use this plugin.
Can anyone confirm the memory leak. I seems to be faster when you unplug or switch off the device that selected in the plugin while it is still active. Turning it off slows it a bit and removing the filter from the audio source slows the leak more but the only way to stop it is to uninstall and check that the two files are removed from the OBS plugins folder.

Thanks, J3D