Low bandwidth and dropped frames despite no settings changed

Razorninja

I'm new here, but I've been having an issue over the past few days that I desperately need help on. Ever since the beginning of this week, I've been noticing that during the afternoons when I usually stream that my bandwidth is not as high when streaming to either twitch or youtube, not to mention I get loads of dropped frames (around 70-80%). My ISP is Cox and my speeds are 60 Mbps down and 9 Mbps up, though when I do speedtest every few minutes the upload speed is very inconsistent. It's weird because a couple weeks ago, I was able to stream with no problem. But now I'm having weak bandwidth despite no settings in OBS changed. Even weirder considering that I can watch other streams or surf the web just fine. Here's a list of things that I've done but did not work as well as other notes.

-Resetting both Router (Belkin F7D8302 N600) and Modem (Netgear CM500)
-Replacing Ethernet cable
-Changing OBS Settings slightly
-Changing codec to GPU based
-Flushing DNS
-Affects both Twitch and Youtube
-Issue persists in both OBS Studio and SLOBS
-Issue remains when using a VPN
-Connection has been wired since the start
-Twitchtest results, results were the same when tested on another computer in my home
TwitchTest.PNG

OBS Settings I used:
Output 720p/60fps
Bitrate: 3000
Encoder: Software (x264)
Audio Bitrate: 160

Computer specs
Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
GPU: AMD Radeon RX Vega 64
RAM: 16 GB

The log I posted was from a 5-minute test stream that I did on youtube. Hopefully, it should help because I'm at wit's end trying to figure this out as I want to get back into streaming. If you have any other questions, I'll get back to them as soon as possible

Attachments

• 2021-03-18 11-37-11.txt
    76.7 KB · Views: 19

Rodthedestroyer

Ive been having a similiar issue i have cox also theyve been out here twice ive had this issue going on 2 months now.... My stream either gets really pixallated and the bitrate is inconsistent in the bottom right corner somtimes gets to zero. Sound about right? Im interested to know if you find a solution. Im beyond stumped.

Razorninja

Ive been having a similiar issue i have cox also theyve been out here twice ive had this issue going on 2 months now.... My stream either gets really pixallated and the bitrate is inconsistent in the bottom right corner somtimes gets to zero. Sound about right? Im interested to know if you find a solution. Im beyond stumped.
Sounds very similar to what I'm dealing with. I have around 3k bitrate for my streams, but when I go live, my bitrate fluctuates alot going from around 1500 to zero. It used to be a seldom thing, but now its been bugging me for the past week or so.

Razorninja

An update on my issues that should hopefully root out the culprit. I ran a pingplotter test over on twitch and youtube and these were the results. Twitch is having 100% packet loss at the last hop, but youtube looks a little better despite that I get frame drops streaming there too. I have a few more tests to other sites if needed.

Attachments

• phx.contribute.live-video.net.png
    phx.contribute.live-video.net.png
    145.6 KB · Views: 48
  • a.rtmp.youtube.com.png
    a.rtmp.youtube.com.png
    182 KB · Views: 47

Razorninja

so you think twitch is just being wack or.. im thinking its my isp otherwise
I think it might be a mix of both for what I'm dealing with. I mean I know twitch has been iffy as of lately. But the fact I'm getting low bandwidth streaming to either twitch or YouTube, I think its something going on with my network. But whats causing it is the question I'm asking

Razorninja

Great news, I was finally able to solve the problem. Turns out my router had to be replaced. I now have a Netgear Nighthawk AX430 and after doing some test streams both on SLOBS and OBS studio, my bitrate is back to normal!