Resource icon

Logitech LCD Plugin

adocilesloth submitted a new resource:

Logitech LCD Plugin - Display information about OBS on your Logitech keyboard LCD screen

This plugin adds support for Logitech Colour (G19) and Monochrome (G15/G13/G510) LCDs.

Known Issue:
Some users may find that the Monochrome (G15/G13/G510) display may not show correctly on Windows 10 systems. This is the result of the font used by the Logitech SDK, MS Mincho Regular, not always being installed with Windows 10. I leave it as a task for the user to find a download for this font (google MS Mincho Regular).

The Plugin
The plugin displays your current scene, stream fps, stream bitrate, stream time, dropped frames, live status (live/preview/not live) and audio status (muted/not muted) for mic and desktop. The picture shows what all the symbols/text look like.

For the Monochrome LCD, the default display is scene, fps, bitrate and stream time. The alternative display is scene, fps, bitrate and dropped frames. You can toggle between displays by pressing the button furthest to the right. The picture shows the difference.

For the Colour LCD, the FPS display will turn orange when fps drops below 96% of capped value (29 fps when cap is 30) and red when below 83% (25 fps when cap is 30). The dropped frames display will turn orange when you are dropping more than 5% of frames and red when dropping over 10%.

It also allows the stream to be started/stopped, mic to be muted/unmuted and desktop to be muted/unmuted from the buttons under the screen. The G19 also has a button to strat/stop the preview. The picture shows which button does what.

14206984779_feaa299671_o.png

Downloads:
32bit Version
64bit Version
Zip file contains LogiLCD.dll, LogitechLcd.dll and README.txt files

Installation:
Put LogiLCD.dll into ../Program Files/OBS/plugins folder
Put LogitechLcd.dll into ../Program Files/OBS folder
of if using 32bit on 64bit windows
Put LogiLCD.dll into ../Program Files(x86)/OBS/plugins folder
Put LogitechLcd.dll into ../Program Files(x86)/OBS folder

Note:
LogitechLcd.dll is created by Logitech Inc. I did not make, in any way, create LogitechLcd.dll but it is needed to make the plugin work.

If you are interested, or want to see how bad my coding is, source code is available on Github.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
This is actually pretty awesome. I don't have a keyboard supported by this, but it looks super cool and would be really helpful, especially for people with only one monitor. The shortcut buttons are nice, too. Nice work!

Do you think the screens could fit the dropped frame count?

Yep, they will fit the count. I've mocked it up to show droped frames, fps and bitrate. Problem is that, as far as I know, there is no way to get the dropped frame count out of OBS (or at least I haven't found one yet). I'll keep looking for one, but it may be a while.

Matrixis

Just the sort of thing I was looking for my G15.

Maybe have the buttons configurable. Like I could do with the last button muting the mic and switching to my BRB scene, then back again when I press it again.

Look forward to this new features. May even have to upgrade to a G19

Glad people are finding it useful :)

Configurable buttons are a potability but I'm a bit hesitant to make options quite so specific. The last button hasn't been assigned to anything as I plan to use it to help display some more info (dropped frames/fps/bitrate etc) when I manage to get it out of OBS and didn't want people getting upset that their favourite hotkey had been removed.

Slightly off topic but I have a plugin that does something similar to what you described, Matrixis. I haven't posted it here as it doesn't have as many options as it would need for everyone to use (and I never thought anyone would want it). I may go back and work it over to be more friendly and post it as it appears I'm not the only one who may find it useful. It won't be fore a few days though.

nulled06

Yes, OBS required msvcp100.dll. I put it into OBS folder, but it is be from vcredist_x86. Problem solved with install vcredist_x64.
However thanks for great plugin.
P.S.
Sorry for my bad english.

rlex

You, sir, are my hero.
I was waiting for similar plugin for at least year.
Can't wait to get from work and try it.

I hope it meets your expectations :)

Been through and fixed the issue with the Colour and Mono LCDs acting weird when both were running (something I've been meaning to do for a while). Also changed the way the stream time is calculated. Download links are updated.

rlex

adocilesloth said:
I hope it meets your expectations :)

Been through and fixed the issue with the Colour and Mono LCDs acting weird when both were running (something I've been meaning to do for a while). Also changed the way the stream time is calculated. Download links are updated.

I tried it and while it does everything i want, i can't use it. With plugin, OBS process eats 50% CPU (that's from i5-3570k on 4.6 ghz!)
Can i help you debug it? I can reproduce it on both 32 and 64 versions, win 8.1 64 bit. Install plugin, launch OBS - here, CPU hogging.

rlex

UPD: only lines in logs with installed plugin:
Code:
22:33:05: Memory Leaks Were Detected.
22:33:05:

Ok. I think I have fixed the CPU usage problem. On my PC, it now uses ~0.5% of my CPU instead of ~27% when idol(Not entirely sure how I missed that). Hopefully it will reduce your usage as well. Grab the latest version from the OP or here:
32bit Version
64bit Version

Next time I will check CPU usage before posting...

Update

Added the FPS, bitrate and dropped frames to the display:
  • For the Monochrome LCD, the default display is scene, fps, bitrate and stream time. The alternative display is scene, fps, bitrate and dropped frames. You can toggle between displays by pressing the button furthest to the right. The picture shows the difference.
    The Colour LCD displays everything.

Added warning colours to the Colour LCD:
  • The FPS display will turn orange when fps drops below 96% of capped value (29 fps when cap is 30) and red when below 83% (25 fps when cap is 30).
    The dropped frames display will turn orange when you are dropping more than 5% of frames and red when dropping over 10%.

Fixed the 64bit version causing OBS to crash on exit (hopefully)

Downloads:
32bit Version
64bit Version
Zip file contains LogiLCD.dll, LogitechLcd.dll and README.txt files

Only compatable with 0.61b or later. The older version plugin in in the spoiler in the OP.

buru898

I love this! Thank you! Wonder if it'd be possible to actually show your stream in the LCD panel? Even if it's choppy, it'd be nice to always have it up to see ;p.

It probably would be possible to show the stream on the LCD (colour at least; I'd hate to see the mess it would look like on monochrome). It would be interesting to see if I could manage it but I don't have much time at the moment, so it's unlikely I would do it.

Glad you like it otherwise!