Resource icon

Logitech LCD Plugin

jack07764

32bit or 64 bit?

I don't have my G15 with me atm but it looks okay in the emulator. Does it look correct in the LCD emulator for you?
Hold ctrl and shift and then right click on the Gaming software icon in the bottom right of your screen.
Then click on LCD emulator.
Click Tools->Monochrome->Start
Launch OBS and it should show what you see on the LCD screen.

If the emulator looks the same as on your keyboard (ie. weird), can you post a screenshot of the emulator so I can get a better feel for what's going on.

sorry for the delay no it doesn't it looks like this im wondering maybe its the version of lgs or my language or region settings? x64 lgs and obs have quadruple checked Ive got the right version also Im uk if that helps its just slightly bigger than it should be so hangs over, doesn't look as bad with no recording but the uptime numbers go into the button labels and its hard to look at cause the recording indicator is just that symbol. All other apps seem to display as they did before its strange

I also tried fresh installing incase it was the win10 upgrade but its still the s ame

5CWeJoM.jpg

28DdUMG.png

Last edited:

PixelBurst

sorry for the delay no it doesn't it looks like this im wondering maybe its the version of lgs or my language or region settings? x64 lgs and obs have quadruple checked Ive got the right version also Im uk if that helps its just slightly bigger than it should be so hangs over, doesn't look as bad with no recording but the uptime numbers go into the button labels and its hard to look at cause the recording indicator is just that symbol. All other apps seem to display as they did before its strange

I also tried fresh installing incase it was the win10 upgrade but its still the s ame

5CWeJoM.jpg

28DdUMG.png

That's exactly how mine looks as well since upgrading to Windows 10. I've tried fresh installing as well as messing around with fonts that haven't made it over to 10 in case it's something missing, but no cigar.

@jack07764 @PixelBurst

What I find weird is that it works for me... Maybe it's that I'm not running with my G15 at the moment, just the emulator.
Capture of the emulator that I still see:
21705348439_47b48eed78_o.png

Dunno if it will make any difference, but I'm running LGS 8.72.107

Does look like a lost font when you compare the images. I don't know what font it uses as it's just the default one.

@PixelBurst this is why I put that the G19 doesn't work as that was screwed up in the emulator but the monochrome wasn't. I assumed that on GutHub you were talking about the G19 (just found your edit that says the monochrome was the problem).

PixelBurst

@jack07764 @PixelBurst

What I find weird is that it works for me... Maybe it's that I'm not running with my G15 at the moment, just the emulator.
Capture of the emulator that I still see:
21705348439_47b48eed78_o.png

Dunno if it will make any difference, but I'm running LGS 8.72.107

Does look like a lost font when you compare the images. I don't know what font it uses as it's just the default one.

@PixelBurst this is why I put that the G19 doesn't work as that was screwed up in the emulator but the monochrome wasn't. I assumed that on GutHub you were talking about the G19 (just found your edit that says the monochrome was the problem).

Ahh, sorry about that - didn't want to spam it with several posts. I had a similar issue with a utlity I use for FFXIV, managed to sort that but it was easier to find due to knowing the name of the font pre-hand as the things were literally .ini files I could dive into to. I've still got all those Windows font files backed up and I've been meaning to go through and find the font that's missing - I've got some free time coming up, I'll install them one by one until I find the culprit. Odd that the default apps and Teamspeak 3 app display fine, I'm guessing that they have a predefined font written into them which is still included in Windows 10.

Edit:

@adocilesloth Fixed it! But...there are a lot more fonts than I thought (473) and having to click through on many that say "font already exists" to say no just to find the ones that aren't is just beyond what I can do without going insane. However, after trying to batch install all 473 and choosing to ignore already installed, I can see that there are 79 fonts that have been installed since then. So it's got to be one of these!

WnKV9WT.png

Last edited:
@jack07764 @PixelBurst
Good (or bad, depending on your perspective) news is that I've got my hands bock on my G15 for a few days on a different system. It too has the weird appearance (yay?). I hoped that recompiling on a "buggy" system would fix it but alas no.

I've made a list of all the fonts installed on this system (and only just found the list by @PixelBurst (sorry)). Hopefully between my working system, my not working system and the list in the post above I/we can find the missing font.

At a guess, it's on of the "Terminal Greek" fonts (probably Terminal Greek 737 (437G) Standard) as they seem to be the only two active in that screen shot.

Last edited:
@jack07764 @PixelBurst
I managed to track down the missing font. Turns out that my working system has 83 fonts that my non working system doesn't have (why do we need 3 wingdings Microsoft?). Comparing that with the list from @PixelBurst gives:

MS Mincho Regular (MSMINCHO.TTF)

as the only font shared in the two lists. I deleted it and got the bad behaviour on this system. Reinstalled it and the plugin worked fine again. Thanks for the help PixelBurst!

adocilesloth updated Logitech LCD Plugin with a new update entry:

Windows 10 Monochrome "Fix"

Not really an update to the plugin per se, more an FYI for people with issues.

Some users may find/have found that the Monochrome (G15/G13/G510) display may not show correctly on Windows 10 systems. This is the result of the font used by the Logitech SDK, MS Mincho Regular, not always being installed with Windows 10. I leave it as a task for the user to find a download for this font (google MS Mincho Regular) to avoid legal issues.

Read the rest of this update entry...

PixelBurst

Great News! Sorry I've only just seen this, I've had some RL stuff going on, but yay you fixed it!

The latest Windows 10 November build update actually creates a new Windows.Old folder meaning the fonts are lost again, but now we know the name it's easy enough for anyone to dive into their Windows.Old folder and find it or like you say Google away!

Cheers again for all the work you've done on this, it's great.

Mechrior

I am not quite sure what is going on but I am on windows 10, using the newest version of OBS Studio, and the plugin is not showing up on my G15 or G13 at all!

any ideas?!

I am not quite sure what is going on but I am on windows 10, using the newest version of OBS Studio, and the plugin is not showing up on my G15 or G13 at all!

any ideas?!
If by Studio you mean OBS MP then this plugin is not compatible with MP. I'm working on a MP port but the new api is less compliant than the old one and it's taking some time.

Mechrior

If by Studio you mean OBS MP then this plugin is not compatible with MP. I'm working on a MP port but the new api is less compliant than the old one and it's taking some time.
oh ok, thank you. definatly let me know when it is ready please as I love using my G-series gear with different plugins

Shawtux

i know this is an old thread.

still wanted to add a legal way to add the MS Mincho Regular fonts in Windows 10 (not that this fixed anything for me with my g15).

In the window search input:
- Optional Features
- Add a Feature
- Find Japanese Supplemental Fonts (as found in http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-upgrade/95839dfa-0df2-4bc0-875a-fd6b57e61fe4 )
- Install
- Profit

K-Anator

Any word on an update for Studio? I loved having this while recording to let me easily see how long a session was. It would be nice to see a new version for Studio, maybe even an ARX applet? (ProTip: You don't even need a Logitech keyboard to use their ARX stuff, just a compatible Android device)

Any word on an update for Studio? I loved having this while recording to let me easily see how long a session was. It would be nice to see a new version for Studio, maybe even an ARX applet? (ProTip: You don't even need a Logitech keyboard to use their ARX stuff, just a compatible Android device)

You mean, for example, like the Logitech LCD Plugin that I wrote and keep meaning to update?

Marks

Hi, I just can't make this plug in to work. Everytime i start OBS v0.659b it gives me error msg " The program can't start because LogitechLcd.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". Im sure i put the dlls in the right folder for x64 bit version, i even tried 32bit version of program and plugin but im getting the same error.

using :
Windows 7 x64
Logitech g510

@Marks
You don't have LogitechLcd.dll in the correct folder. From the OP:

Installation:
Put LogiLCD.dll into ../Program Files/OBS/plugins folder
Put LogitechLcd.dll into ../Program Files/OBS folder
of if using 32bit on 64bit windows
Put LogiLCD.dll into ../Program Files(x86)/OBS/plugins folder
Put LogitechLcd.dll into ../Program Files(x86)/OBS folder

Slegnor

Hi, I've just obtained a G510 and remembered seeing this plugin but it appears the download links are now 404.
Does anyone have the latest version they could share or a URL to a new host?