Resource icon

Local Stream Marker 1.8

honganqi

honganqi submitted a new resource:

Local Stream Marker - Use a hotkey to create stream markers or bookmarks for streams and recordings made on OBS!

This script allows you to use a hotkey to create stream markers or bookmarks for streams and recordings made on OBS.

Description
Twitch has this function called Add Stream Marker where you can add bookmarks to your livestream for review later. With this script, you can have stream markers for any video made
with OBS even if you're not streaming! The stream markers will be saved in a CSV file (comma separated values). You can open this with a spreadsheet application like...

Read more about this resource...

GrumpyDog

i am just wondering why you don't use a directory property for the output folder such as:

Code:
local directory_property = obs.obs_properties_add_path(properties, "output_folder", "Output Folder", obs.OBS_PATH_DIRECTORY, nil, nil)

honganqi

i am just wondering why you don't use a directory property for the output folder such as:

Code:
local directory_property = obs.obs_properties_add_path(properties, "output_folder", "Output Folder", obs.OBS_PATH_DIRECTORY, nil, nil)
I've been looking for this for a while. I've uploaded a new version and put you in the credits. Thank you very much!

honganqi

With the release of OBS 28, I think it's safe to say that this script won't work with the new Automatic File Splitting function. I'll try to update this script if I find a way to make it work. Thanks, everyone!

YoPotato

With the release of OBS 28, I think it's safe to say that this script won't work with the new Automatic File Splitting function. I'll try to update this script if I find a way to make it work. Thanks, everyone!
Looking forward to it!

honganqi

I just realized that the timestamp is erroneous at times. I'll fix this before trying to work on the Automatic File Splitting function in OBS 28.

Also, my apologies for this noobish question, but does anybody know how to edit or update a script/resource description without making it "for approval" again? I've made this mistake twice already which then made it look like the resource doesn't exist during this approval period. Thank you very much!

honganqi

honganqi updated Local Stream Marker with a new update entry:

v1.4

Added
  • Added a column named "Recording Path" in the created CSV file which includes the full path of the recording
  • Added a column named "Recording Timestamp on File" in the created CSV file. This will only differ from the "Recording Timestamp" column if the Automatic File Splitting function is enabled and used.
Changed
  • If the Automatic File Splitting function was enabled and used, the "Recording Path" and "Recording Filename" column now shows the new path and filename of the new file.
  • The "Recording Filename" column in the CSV file is now the actual filename of the recording and also includes the path. I forgot to indicate before that this was simply based on the default syntax or format of OBS.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

honganqi

The script has been updated to work with the Automatic File Splitting function of OBS 28! The resulting CSV file now has 2 columns related to marks made on recordings: "Recording Timestamp" and "Recording Timestamp on File". The first one is like before which is the same as seen on the bottom-right portion of OBS when recording. The second one is the timestamp on the files if they were split by the Automatic File Splitting function of OBS 28.

Also, I would like to apologize about the wrong timestamps generated before v1.3 if anybody encountered this. I am still on OBS 27 so I had to use a virtual machine to work on this script using OBS 28. That's when I realized that the dropped frames caused a LOT of incorrect timestamps on recordings. I have no idea yet if this has been fixed for stream marks (vs recording marks) or if new issues have appeared.

I appreciate any feedback regarding issues and bugs especially regarding the marks made when streaming since I haven't been able to stream much lately. Thank you very much!

honganqi

LOL I just saw that I forgot to change the version number in the text that's actually displayed in the script when you go to "Tools > Script"! v1.4 of this script still has "Local Stream Marker v1.3" on it! Whew! :D My apologies for this confusion...

honganqi

Another thing I forgot: I uploaded a tutorial 2 weeks ago. You can watch it here:
I don't know if it's worth it to update the description with this tutorial and send this resource to the "Pending approval" status again and make it inaccessible for 3+ weeks so I'm putting it here. Thank you :)

honganqi

Darn it, forgot to update the version number in the title again! It still says "Local Stream Marker 1.4". You can verify version number by looking at the top of the script's code, it should say "-- Local Stream Marker v1.5". Cheers!

MistehTimmeh

I've been having a problem with the script recently (and I've made sure that I'm using the latest version several times) where the time values are wrong for when the marker had been made.
Date TimeStream StartStream TimestampRecording Full PathRecording FilenameRecording TimestampRecording Timestamp on File
2023-06-02 20:03​
2023-06-02 19:43:0620:19:44B:/Youtube and Twitch/Recordings/June 02 07PM.mkvJune 02 07PM.mkv20:20:3120:20:31
2023-06-02 21:34​
2023-06-02 19:43:06111:25:31B:/Youtube and Twitch/Recordings/June 02 07PM.mkvJune 02 07PM.mkv111:26:18111:26:18
2023-06-03 1:33​
2023-06-02 19:43:06350:20:35B:/Youtube and Twitch/Recordings/June 02 07PM.mkvJune 02 07PM.mkv350:21:22350:21:22
2023-06-03 3:11​
2023-06-02 19:43:06448:18:21B:/Youtube and Twitch/Recordings/June 02 07PM.mkvJune 02 07PM.mkv448:19:08448:19:08

These are the results of the markers from my most recent stream. The markers are much higher than they ought to be. I've attached the lua file I have in my OBS. Please let me know if any other information would help, or if there's something I've somehow broken. Thank you.

Attachments

• local-stream-marker.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 23

honganqi

I've been having a problem with the script recently (and I've made sure that I'm using the latest version several times) where the time values are wrong for when the marker had been made.
Date TimeStream StartStream TimestampRecording Full PathRecording FilenameRecording TimestampRecording Timestamp on File
2023-06-02 20:03​
2023-06-02 19:43:0620:19:44B:/Youtube and Twitch/Recordings/June 02 07PM.mkvJune 02 07PM.mkv20:20:3120:20:31
2023-06-02 21:34​
2023-06-02 19:43:06111:25:31B:/Youtube and Twitch/Recordings/June 02 07PM.mkvJune 02 07PM.mkv111:26:18111:26:18
2023-06-03 1:33​
2023-06-02 19:43:06350:20:35B:/Youtube and Twitch/Recordings/June 02 07PM.mkvJune 02 07PM.mkv350:21:22350:21:22
2023-06-03 3:11​
2023-06-02 19:43:06448:18:21B:/Youtube and Twitch/Recordings/June 02 07PM.mkvJune 02 07PM.mkv448:19:08448:19:08

These are the results of the markers from my most recent stream. The markers are much higher than they ought to be. I've attached the lua file I have in my OBS. Please let me know if any other information would help, or if there's something I've somehow broken. Thank you.
Hi! Thanks for this detailed report (and the attachment)! I will try to look into this as soon as I can. In any case, is there any chance you're on a framerate other than 60fps?

MistehTimmeh

Hi! Thanks for this detailed report (and the attachment)! I will try to look into this as soon as I can. In any case, is there any chance you're on a framerate other than 60fps?
I'm recording and streaming at 60fps and none of the settings I can see ought to be changing it.

MistehTimmeh

I appear to have fixed it by editing two lines.
Line 23, by changing the default value of frame rate from 30 to 60.
Line 206, inside the get_framerate function, by just setting it to 60 rather than the previous code of
framerate = video_info.fps_num / video_info.fps_num
which, and I know very little of this, seems to always result in a value of 1, which would explain the massively large timestamps. I have also redownloaded the file attached in this thread just to make sure its the current code available, and it is. Perhaps something here can be changed to something better than a hardcoded value of 60 for it to work with the intended effect.