Live guitar in OBS - is there a solution to this?

Stringz

I play guitar through logic as my DAW. I use the focusrite 4i4, which includes mixer app with loopback. Everything works fine if I am just recording in Logic. But if I stream it sounds fine in the headphones as I’m playing. Just as it would in logic. But on the playback on the livestream or the recording of the stream itself the sound is different. The sound has a louder clean sound in the right ear and the DAW sound is fainter and more towards the left I suppose. I don’t get it. I’ve tried everything and asked many people. I’ve tried messing with all tbe settings in the audio for OBS and logic and the focusrite mixer. All the sound works fine otherwise and music can be played on the computer and captured back and played to simultaneously but if I try to capture on obs it comes out that way instead of how it sounds in my headphones. Can anyone help me with this please? It’s been like a year now I’ve been trying to fix this without any success.

nottooloud

if I stream it sounds fine in the headphones as I’m playing. Just as it would in logic. But on the playback on the livestream or the recording of the stream itself the sound is different. The sound has a louder clean sound in the right ear and the DAW sound is fainter and more towards the left I suppose.

Couple things. OBS doesn't monitor the actual output while you stream, unless you use the Audio Monitor plug-in. There would be enormous latency if you did that, making it pretty much impossible to play.

I would guess that you're plugged into channel 2 of your Focusrite, and that you have the Focusrite *and* Logic as inputs in OBS. OBS sees the Focusrite channels 1 & 2 as left and right, so it's adding a clean copy of your guitar audio to the right channel whlie Logic goes to both channels. You want Logic to be the only input.