lines on screen (stuttering?)

thepeachybussy

I'm really new to OBS, but I've spent hours trying to figure out what's going on and I've followed all the steps I can find.

I'll post all the specs I can think of.

Video of it happening.

My OBS log, computer specs, and capture card specs are attached.

The only issue I know for sure is that my capture card is 3.0/2.0 and even though it says it's 2.0 compatible, maybe my measly 2.0 ports aren't good enough?

I'm sorry if the issue is glaringly obvious. I haven't had a computer in a long time so I'm rusty, and this is my first dive into the streaming world. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• 2024-04-22 15-49-11.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2024-04-22 155433.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-22 155433.png
    129.6 KB · Views: 11

thepeachybussy

I have now found out this is called screen tearing. I'm trying new tactics and it's still happening. I turned on vsync and triple buffering in my NVIDIA settings and it didn't get any better. :(

JohnPee

You get a "plus" for posting your log file but a "can do better" if you post one after you have run a streaming or recording session for say 60 seconds. See the results of the OBS Log Analyzer below. You can address some of these issues. If they don't clear up your problem come back with another log file..

thepeachybussy

You get a "plus" for posting your log file but a "can do better" if you post one after you have run a streaming or recording session for say 60 seconds. See the results of the OBS Log Analyzer below. You can address some of these issues. If they don't clear up your problem come back with another log file..

Thank you for the information. I followed the steps on the analyzer's page for everything, but I'm still having the same problem.

I've attached the most recent log (with more time as you requested.)

Attachments

• 2024-04-24 09-40-35.txt
    36.6 KB · Views: 10

thepeachybussy

I wanted to see if it had anything to do with the power behind what I was trying to play, so I connected my Switch instead, and the problem is the same, and somehow seems kinda laggy too. I feel like the issue must be the capture card at this point? I tried playing a game on PC itself, and while it was slow (that was mostly fixed by lowering my in-game specs) it didn't have the screen tearing. I don't know much, but to me that seems like it must be the capture card then. :(

Most recent log, playing on the Switch: https://obsproject.com/logs/DWo0lN8N2PTj9OOv