Large FPS in game hit while streaming single PC

2hollow

Hi everyone,

dont know if this is in the right place but I need some advice after trying various methods across youtube and different help forums I am still at a stand still. I have been trying to stream call of duty warzone 2 and have hard hits on my in game fps. I get around a 50fps loss whilst capped at 144fps and just under 100fps whilst uncapped. my task manager reveals that im only using 45% CPU and 45% GPU when streaming and gaming leaving more than enough resources left for what I believe should be stability. I will leave a list of solutions I have tried below.

- I have tried disabling in game overlays such as steam and Nvidia game capture.
- I have tried disabling windows features such as Xbox game bar.
- I have tried running OBS as admin which I understand makes OBS a priority but have tried without still the same thing.
- I have ran network speed tests and my internet runs at 948mbs download and 53mbs upload.
- I have tried dialing quality of my stream back to 720p from 1080p.
- I have tried lowering bitrate.

I will leave hardware information below:

Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i9 16-Core Processor i9-12900KS (3.4GHz) 30MB Cache
MotherboardGIGABYTE Z690 UD (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 4800MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (3300 MB/R, 2200 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive1TB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 470MB/W)
2nd Storage Drive1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
Operating SystemWindows 11 Home 64 Bit

It is not just call of duty its with games with high movement dont get me wrong I get that there would be some FPS loss but not as large as that. I spent just over £3000 on this rig and thought it would be able to accomplish streaming and gaming with little to no problem and there is so little help out there for this problem. I may have missed a few things that I have tried. But if there is nothing I can do please let me know this id rather not waste my time or your time with false hope. But that said a big thankyou in advance for any help given :)
Image[23]-min.jpeg
RealSpeed - SamKnows - Google Chrome 17_03_2023 17_02_16.png

rockbottom

My 12900k/3090 set-up kicks ass, just need to know how to use it....

Cap everything @ 60FPS, get it running correctly & then try higher frame-rates. The 4090 would have been a better choice. There's also a guide you can look at here:

2hollow

My 12900k/3090 set-up kicks ass, just need to know how to use it....

Cap everything @ 60FPS, get it running correctly & then try higher frame-rates. The 4090 would have been a better choice. There's also a guide you can look at here:

thanks for the reply rockbottom. I know the 4090 would of been the better choice I just wasn't in know about it before they dropped I bought my pc literally a month before the drop. and ive tried capping at 60fps it runs fine as I do get over 60fps anyway its just the dips makes the game stutter and for the life of me I cant believe that happens because i have the resources. And will this guide help as i am streaming not recording. and as far as knowing how to use it what dont i know that i should know?

rockbottom

Streaming/recording it's all encoding with different rate control.

It may, it may not as I have no idea where you are on the learning curve.

rockbottom

I finished building my system on 1/4/22. Originally I picked up a 3060 just to get by since prices where through the roof. On 1/5/22 I landed the 3090 from Best Buy @ MSRP. Should have sold it, they were going for over 3k at the time.

rockbottom

Take a look at the charts in this article, it will give you a rough idea of the encoder throughput for the new & old Presets. You're going to want to stay somewhere in the P1-P4 range.

2hollow

update: found out the performance loss wasn't just when I streamed it was when I had OBS open even while not streaming seems a little weird to me. I'm lost this shouldn't be happening!!!! stressing me out to no end. I have minimum sources on my scenes and still get hit hard what the hell am i doing wrong.

rockbottom

To start, disable Game DVR & HAGS.

Set both monitors to 120HZ.

Test again

What version of the Multi-RTMP plugin do you have installed?

rockbottom

Just an FYI, I stopped updating my Nvidia driver @ 522.30. I have no idea if the newest drivers are any good with the 3000 series.

rockbottom

I saw something in the log, just double checked. It was an entry in the log for the rtmp services plugin, not multi. Looks like you made a change to the stream settings. No worries.

rockbottom

Have you tried encoding with your UHD 770 yet? It's quite powerful, it's all I use for my streams while NVENC is encoding the recording.

2hollow

I tried

disable Game DVR & HAGS.

Set both monitors to 120HZ.

still the same issue. and I haven't to be honest but like I said the problem is with OBS just being open/idle and whilst streaming id play a game with it just open and still get the FPS hit and while streaming i still get the same performance hit. but I will try that in the future just need to find out how to do that lol.

2hollow

thats the current log. and just checked my settings its on nvidia nvenc h.264. might of been a log when i tried x264 out

Attachments

• 2023-03-16 22-11-51.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 16

2hollow

and i dont know if you have the time or anything but i could add you on discord if you want to have a quick chat on there :)