Issues with recording in OBS Studio

DegionFoxYT

Hello, so currently I have an issue with OBS Studio. It's is with the recording. So what happened is that I just got OBS Studio about an hour and a half ago and I was trying to make a video using it but i wasn't able to because when I click "start recording" on the bottom right corner in OBS Studio, I would click it and it would wait a few seconds and then it would say that my OBS Studio crashed and since this is happening, I cant make videos off of it so if anyone knows how to fix this, please tell me because it would help me so much. Also I use version 27.1.2 of OBS Studio.

Attachments

• obs.txt
    73.4 KB · Views: 21

FerretBomb

It looks like the AMD AMF encoder is crashing.
If you switch over to x264, does it still crash?

Unfortunately AMF is... kind of a mess. It misreports features badly, and AMD cares about it precisely enough to say the words 'AMD cares about AMF' and absolutely no more. To the point that the dev who was formerly maintaining OBS' AMF implementation walked away out of sheer frustration.

We can troubleshoot further once you test out the x264 software (CPU) encoder to narrow down the root cause of the crashing. It's also always a good idea to ensure that your GPU drivers are up-to-date, if you haven't updated them recently.

DegionFoxYT

It looks like the AMD AMF encoder is crashing.
If you switch over to x264, does it still crash?

Unfortunately AMF is... kind of a mess. It misreports features badly, and AMD cares about it precisely enough to say the words 'AMD cares about AMF' and absolutely no more. To the point that the dev who was formerly maintaining OBS' AMF implementation walked away out of sheer frustration.

We can troubleshoot further once you test out the x264 software (CPU) encoder to narrow down the root cause of the crashing. It's also always a good idea to ensure that your GPU drivers are up-to-date, if you haven't updated them recently.
Thanks dude, this actually worked for me, thanks for the help! Now my OBS Studio works now!

FerretBomb

Thanks dude, this actually worked for me, thanks for the help! Now my OBS Studio works now!
Glad to hear it!
I'd still recommend a clean-install of the latest GPU drivers to see if the newest ones will prevent the crash with AMF; CPU recording can be quite computationally "heavy", and APUs aren't generally known as being strong performers.