Input Overlay

Input Overlay v5.0.4

univrsal

universallp submitted a new resource:

Input Overlay - Show keyboard and mouse inputs on screen

A small plugin for obs studio (currently only supports windows) that shows keyboard and mouse inputs on stream.

The plugin uses a texture and a config file to create the overlay. This means that you can configure which buttons are shown on screen, how they are arranged and how they look.

By default the plugin comes with one overlay for mouse and one for keyboard inputs, which you can find in the "presets" folder.

When creating an "input overlay" source in obs you can then point it to...

Read more about this resource...

univrsal

universallp updated Input Overlay with a new update entry:

QWERTY layout and fixes

I added a new preset that shows most of the keyboard (Main keyboard and the function keys).
While adding that I also fixed some minor bugs that prevented larger presets from loading.

XzxmboU.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

D3R0

Hey man!

I like your overlay pretty much, it's a pretty cool feature for some Games with fast gameplay and skill.
I would like to ask you if u can help me with the customisation of the overlay for my specific usage in League of Legends.
All in all I am not able to do it on myself bcs I dont unerstand much from Coding like that in your .ini file :D

If u can do some changes for me it would be pretty insane!
You can keep the Overwatch design but I need some other Keys for League of Legends.

Which I need are: (German Keyboard Layout)
QWER
SDF
X
SRG SPACE

I really hope that you can do this for me because I like your idea for this overlay pretty much!

univrsal

Hey man!

I like your overlay pretty much, it's a pretty cool feature for some Games with fast gameplay and skill.
I would like to ask you if u can help me with the customisation of the overlay for my specific usage in League of Legends.
All in all I am not able to do it on myself bcs I dont unerstand much from Coding like that in your .ini file :D

If u can do some changes for me it would be pretty insane!
You can keep the Overwatch design but I need some other Keys for League of Legends.

Which I need are: (German Keyboard Layout)
QWER
SDF
X
SRG SPACE

I really hope that you can do this for me because I like your idea for this overlay pretty much!
Sorry for my late answer, but I didn't receive any notification about your comment.
I'll try and make a config for your request
EDIT: Okay it was a little tricky but I managed to do it
I replaced the 'A' key with 'X' since it otherwise would look strange with the X in a separate row.

9lalzSK.jpg

Last edited:

yuya

Thank you universallp
This amazing plugin works fine

Attachments

• qwerty-arrows-preview.png
    qwerty-arrows-preview.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 4,914

Psykoen

hi whas wondering if you also have azerty version or do you know some one that all ready made it

ps: think i found a way. the settings config file will try to find a way to edit it

ps2: i made the correct buttons appear when prest. but i need help correcting the image

Last edited:

univrsal

hi whas wondering if you also have azerty version or do you know some one that all ready made it

ps: think i found a way. the settings config file will try to find a way to edit it

ps2: i made the correct buttons appear when prest. but i need help correcting the image
Which layout are you using? I can either give you the *.psd file so you can edit it yourself or you'll send me the *.ini and I'll make a new texture

yghj

is there a way to bind things myself? i cant seem to figure it out. I have a weird bind configuration (yghj insteadof wasd), so i obviously cant use the wasd ini

univrsal

is there a way to bind things myself? i cant seem to figure it out. I have a weird bind configuration (yghj insteadof wasd), so i obviously cant use the wasd ini
The *.ini files contain comments on how to change them to make your own layout, but it'll take some time to figure it out. I'll try to make a tutorial.
Edit: I made the tutorial and it'll be up shortly. The video shows how I made the yghj layout which you can download here.

Last edited:

yghj

The *.ini files contain comments on how to change them to make your own layout, but it'll take some time to figure it out. I'll try to make a tutorial.
Edit: I made the tutorial and it'll be up shortly. The video shows how I made the yghj layout which you can download here.
awesome thanks. im dyslexic so its a bit hard with all the numbers and shit.

univrsal

I try and the .ini file is not doing anything to the layout and stay as the original png. Any idea why? Thanks
What .ini file are you using? You have to use the ini file together with the proper texture.

(Also: If possible I'd like people to report issues on GitHub if possible, since that's better fit for that.)

Last edited:

Destru51

Hi, thanks for your work.
Would it be possible to have an AZERTY keyboard?
Just like in the picture:

EDIT: It's okay, I figured out how to do it on my own, thank you very much for this job.

Attachments

• 45ea0f5acc33a82c7b94b84d1941a9d0.png
    45ea0f5acc33a82c7b94b84d1941a9d0.png
    162 KB · Views: 1,285
Last edited:

Hephaistos

Hello,

thanks for this overlay.
Question: Is it possible to show only the pressed key for 1-3 Seconds (in example) instead to light up the used key?

univrsal

Hello,

thanks for this overlay.
Question: Is it possible to show only the pressed key for 1-3 Seconds (in example) instead to light up the used key?
Not yet but it has been suggested before. Maybe at some point I'll implement it but not at the moment

univrsal

https://gist.github.com/17271d2d547a9e4ccfdc2bfb58305d3b

I can not speak English, I rely entirely on the translation software to learn.
Like your plugin very much
I guess I installed the wrong one.
Thank you
Alrighty, so I guess it works now? If so then thanks for the feedback!

By the way OBS couldn't load the plugin and this was the error it showed:
Code:
19:55:15.709: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/input-overlay.dll': The specified module could not be found.
19:55:15.709:  (126)
19:55:15.709: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/input-overlay.dll' not found