Resource icon

InfoWriter v2.3

Chessset5

It's worked really well so far. But I'm having trouble trying to format the date.
Can you make it so that when you change it will show you how to format it, like it does in OBS/Advanced/Recordings when you format video file names?
Or someone please put a post with all the formatting text on it.

partouf

It's worked really well so far. But I'm having trouble trying to format the date.
Can you make it so that when you change it will show you how to format it, like it does in OBS/Advanced/Recordings when you format video file names?
Or someone please put a post with all the formatting text on it.

The dates in the text file nor the filename currently has any customizable format. The "Format" setting is rather useless in its current form.

If you have any specific requirements, I would like to know what they would be.

Chessset5

The dates in the text file nor the filename currently has any customizable format. The "Format" setting is rather useless in its current form.

If you have any specific requirements, I would like to know what they would be.

As it looks now the txt file looks like [Format 1]

I would like to change the date's format from saying YYYY MM DD to MM DD YYY (12hr) (am/pm)
and then make it so that it makes a paragraph between time stamp recordings.
Those are what my personal settings would be. (As well as have the month spelled out but that's more of a side request)

I would like to make it looks something like [Format 2]

And as for formatting the date and time and what not. I was referring to the pop-up that appears while formatting the date for videos in OBS Studio's advanced settings, as seen in [Format 3]

If InfoWriter had those capabilities, the plug would be phenomenal.

Attachments

• Format 1.PNG
    Format 1.PNG
    42.6 KB · Views: 302
  • Format 2.PNG
    Format 2.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 327
  • Format 3.PNG
    Format 3.PNG
    78.8 KB · Views: 296

LegionPlaysLoud

I would very much like, instead of having a single logfile filename, to be able to define a logfile name format such that a new logfile is created on each recording start, and the filename matches the format of my video filenames. That way I would have a folder of video files with corresponding logfiles all next to them, instead of having a single logfile that I have to scan and try and sort out which events belong to which recording file.

Chessset5

Is Info Writer not working on the Newest version of OBS? I updated and then infowriter no longer shows up
OBS 20.1.0 64-bit

thomas4KT

Hi,

the plugin is a great extension and works fine (tested with version 20.1.3).
I have two little requests:
- is it possible to add JSON as fileformat to export the timestamps?
- is it possible to track mouse clicks as well?
Thanks
Thomas

partouf

A small note on the OSX build; depending on the editor you use, you might see a weird line ending format. I will fix that in the next update. In most editors, you won't notice though.

alexdubovyck

Hi!
1) I record a short video about how to? about this plugin. For you. Hope you like it.

2) It will be better to see code like this:
MdDrRRi.jpg

Not this:
ixSrk9L.jpg
Add plz.

partouf

partouf updated InfoWriter with a new update entry:

Version update with requested improvements

New:
Minor fixes:
  • Linefeed characters in logfiles on OSX were incorrect

https://github.com/partouf/OBSInfoWriter/releases/tag/v1.1b

Read the rest of this update entry...

InclementDeath

Very frequent user of this plugin. I heavily rely on it to make Youtube videos.

My only request is the ability to have my scene name in my "Hotkey Was Pressed" line.

i.e. Hotkey 1: Highlight Here! (Scene was Arma 3)

Unless you have an alternate solution (which im all ears for)
Right now I use the automatic scene switcher to chose which game I am playing, and I turn on Log Scene Switches, so I know what game im playing when I press my highlights key. Which is nice, but I feel like alot of my headache could be reduced.

Thank you very much for this amazing plugin (seriously I love it)

mike2003

Add the ability to save the state of the clipboard. Sometimes I insert links on the stream, I want to save them later in the description.

Ben Sullins

I created (with a friend) a python script to take the output of the InfoWriter and create highlights (separate videos with an outro image) from a video file.

My plan is to use this to create my highlights from my Monday live shows. Here's the workflow:
  1. Use OBS to livestream to YouTube (I don't record locally)
  2. During the stream, I have an ElGato Stream Deck and have programmed one of the keys to a hotkey that will log the timestamp
  3. After the stream is over, download the file from YouTube
  4. Run my python script to create highlights from the full stream
  5. Upload those later in the week to YouTube as highlight videos

You can download/modify/reuse the code here - https://github.com/bsullins/livesplice

One thing you'll want to change is the "outro-image.png" which I add to the end of every highlight video

ps - I'm running this on a Mac but it should work so long as you have Python3 running on your machine

Enjoy!
Ben

degoos

Hi, I am using youtube livestreams to teach my students. I am looking for a tool that allows me to create cue points during the livestream and immediately type a description for them as well. This way, when the lesson is over, I just have to copy this log of timestamps and the corresponding topics to the description of the youtube video and students can use this to easily navigate and review the live streamed lesson. From what I am reading here, it seems like I can create a log with the timestamps with infowriter, but I can not write a custom description for each timestamp during the livestream, is that correct? Any advice on how to do this is welcome!

partouf

Hi, I am using youtube livestreams to teach my students. I am looking for a tool that allows me to create cue points during the livestream and immediately type a description for them as well. This way, when the lesson is over, I just have to copy this log of timestamps and the corresponding topics to the description of the youtube video and students can use this to easily navigate and review the live streamed lesson. From what I am reading here, it seems like I can create a log with the timestamps with infowriter, but I can not write a custom description for each timestamp during the livestream, is that correct? Any advice on how to do this is welcome!

I can see how this could be useful, but I fear there's no easy way to achieve this. It's not impossible, but harder than you might think.
I would advise the plain old pen and paper (or notepad) route for this one.

iTV

AWESOME! :) We have been looking for a tool like this to ease the post editing process.
Thank you

bloodbarron115

I have used this happily on my windows computer but have had to use my macbook for some recordings recently and got this for my mac because of how much i love it on windows but for the life of me I can't find where the log file saves to by default, I just moved it so I know for a fact where it is but where was it before so I can find my previous timestamps and don't lose them?

Thia

I am just starting with OBS, so maybe there's something I didn't do right, but the library won't load. Here's what the log says.

11:14:15.094: [CoreAudio encoder]: CoreAudio AAC encoder not installed on the system or couldn't be loaded
11:14:15.095: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-ouput-ui.dll'
11:14:15.125: [AMF] AMF Test failed due to one or more errors.
11:14:15.125: Failed to initialize module 'enc-amf.dll'
11:14:15.136: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/libEGL.dll' not loaded
11:14:15.138: [obs-browser]: Version 2.3.1
11:14:15.141: NVENC supported
11:14:15.183: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/ObsInfoPlugin64.dll': The specified module could not be found.
11:14:15.183: (126)
11:14:15.183: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/ObsInfoPlugin64.dll' not loaded
11:14:15.187: VLC found, VLC video source enabled
11:14:15.191: No blackmagic support