Resource icon

InfoWriter v2.3

partouf

Long time user of infowriter but I only just updated it from a 2018 version and now OBS won't open. When I remove the file i downloaded from the plugins file obs opens fine but obviously infowriter is then missing from my sources. Any idea how to fix this?

*EDIT* I downloaded V1.2 because all i was really looking for was extra hotkey options and OBS is now working with that

Can you send me the log and crash report from when this happens? They should be somewhere in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\crashes and C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\logs

ultraTay

hi there!! I am having a little trouble with this and I can't figure out why - the plugin is logging stamps for my scene switches into my chosen txt file, but not logging a stamp when I use the hotkey (though I can see the source activate in the scene when I use the hotkey). I'm sure I'm missing something easy. Any ideas?

ultraTay

hi there!! I am having a little trouble with this and I can't figure out why - the plugin is logging stamps for my scene switches into my chosen txt file, but not logging a stamp when I use the hotkey (though I can see the source activate in the scene when I use the hotkey). I'm sure I'm missing something easy. Any ideas?
nevermind it was definitely something stupid! got it :)

rawtess

Can you send me the log and crash report from when this happens? They should be somewhere in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\crashes and C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\logs
hi, im not the person youre replying to, but i think im experiencing the exact same issue. i dont get any crash reports, but ive attached the log file!

Attachments

• 2020-09-17 23-52-27.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 56

partouf

hi, im not the person youre replying to, but i think im experiencing the exact same issue. i dont get any crash reports, but ive attached the log file!

Is there a reason why you're still on v21 of OBS? It's not really easy to support multiple versions for various reasons. Otherwise, you'll have to use an older release of the plugin.

rawtess

Is there a reason why you're still on v21 of OBS? It's not really easy to support multiple versions for various reasons. Otherwise, you'll have to use an older release of the plugin.
oh, I guess I've just forgotten to update OBS in the last, like, two years... thanks, that helped!

MojaveGG

Hi, I'm looking to change the formatting of the text file into the way it originally looked but couldn't find anything on the net to help me. Any ideas? I've attached an example photo below. Also thank you for all your hard work, your program has helped me tons.

obs example.png

SlightlyDaniel

Filename formatting options
I'm having problems naming the file for the time stamps. it use to make a new txt file for each recording, now it will only make a file with no variables in the title. also hotkey for a marker isn't working as well

Wuzi

This is a really great plugin that makes my life a lot easier. One addition I'd love to see though is logging for whenever the replay buffer gets saved

thexpancake

LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/32bit/ObsInfoPlugin.dll': The specified module could not be found.
21:52:49.241: (126)
21:52:49.241: Module '../../obs-plugins/32bit/ObsInfoPlugin.dll' not loaded

Getting this error. Tried reinstalling, restarting computer, running as administrator, running 32bit and 64 bit versions of OBS, reinstalling VCruntime packages, reinstalled an older version of OBS. nothing worked. Dependency walker says it's missing OBSAPI.dll, but I'm pretty sure if I was missing that OBS wouldn't run. Either way, I reinstalled again and nothing. Thoughts?

partouf

LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/32bit/ObsInfoPlugin.dll': The specified module could not be found.
21:52:49.241: (126)
21:52:49.241: Module '../../obs-plugins/32bit/ObsInfoPlugin.dll' not loaded

Getting this error. Tried reinstalling, restarting computer, running as administrator, running 32bit and 64 bit versions of OBS, reinstalling VCruntime packages, reinstalled an older version of OBS. nothing worked. Dependency walker says it's missing OBSAPI.dll, but I'm pretty sure if I was missing that OBS wouldn't run. Either way, I reinstalled again and nothing. Thoughts?

OBSAPI.dll isn't a thing, do you maybe mean obs.dll or obs-frontend-api.dll?

TCG

Hey I have been trying to figure this out I download infoWriter, extract it, put the 64 dll in my OBS plugin 64 file, open OBS but its not there as a source. Please help

jamesfosterii

Ok,... i'm going nuts trying to figure out why this is not working for me. I have the plugin installed correctly.... it comes up as an insertable object in the scene.. i configure the file output source.. format... message... then i go into setting / hoteys and assign the hotkeys for hotkeys 1 through 3 .... ( if it wasn't installed right i would never see the hotkey assignment section in hotkeys for it )..

I assigned Hotkey 1 to SHIFT+F1 ... Hotkey 2 to SHIFT+F2 .. etc..

I start my scene that has the infowriter obect.. configured.. hit my hotkeys... but the specified file for output is NEVER created.. and even if i point it to an exiting blank text file to use as output .. it NEVER puts the info into the text file.... Im really at a loss.

TCG

Hey Its me again I know you said it takes some time to install with the new update but 3 days and its still not showing up for me. Like i said i have put everything were it needs to be but i wont show up in OBS for me. Please help, if you like come past stream today and ill show you my screen. Thanks again

partouf

Ok,... i'm going nuts trying to figure out why this is not working for me. I have the plugin installed correctly.... it comes up as an insertable object in the scene.. i configure the file output source.. format... message... then i go into setting / hoteys and assign the hotkeys for hotkeys 1 through 3 .... ( if it wasn't installed right i would never see the hotkey assignment section in hotkeys for it )..

I assigned Hotkey 1 to SHIFT+F1 ... Hotkey 2 to SHIFT+F2 .. etc..

I start my scene that has the infowriter obect.. configured.. hit my hotkeys... but the specified file for output is NEVER created.. and even if i point it to an exiting blank text file to use as output .. it NEVER puts the info into the text file.... Im really at a loss.

Hi, just to verify, did you actually start a stream or recording? Otherwise it won't work.

Token_ZA

Thanks for making this,

Maybe im doing something wrong but i cant get it to make a mark, it just marks the start and stop of the recording, i made hotkeys but they dont seem to do anything?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

Slopz

A huge thank you for creating this wonderful plugin. The only thing it's missing in my opinion is Premiere Pro CSV Marker or EDL support. Otherwise it's amazing!

Last edited:

VENAtorQFK

Hello, first, a big thank you for this plug-in and all the effort.

NOTE: I started writing this as an issue, but meanwhile, I found the solution. I opted to post this anyway to serve as a kind of report and help anyone with the same issue.

You MUST give a name to Hotkey 1 in the Infowriter source. If you do not (and by default, it is empty), Davinci Resolve will only detect your first cut or no cut at all.

1) Right-click on media and select "add clips based on EDL to media pool" results in a single clip with the entire recording (i.e. no cuts). I am not sure if this is meant to work, but only a single clip is created, no matter what.

2) Right-click on media and select "Split and add to media pool" will work correctly IF you gave a name to Hotkey1. Otherwise, only your first cut is created. As mentioned in the release notes, you will be missing the last second of your recording (actually, in my case, it was the last 20 frames @30fps)

3) Importing the media first and then doing File>Import>Pre-conformed EDL will work PERFECTLY (if you gave a name to Hotkey1). In this case, you will NOT lose the last second. The timeline created includes all the frames; you will just see an extra edit just before the end of the recording.

Again thanks to the devs that created this fabulous plug-in.

Cheers,
Vena