Resource icon

InfoWriter v2.3

ifjtakzol

Hello!
I want to use this great plugin with Companion. To do this, I need the hotkey ID, which is contained in the C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio\basic\profiles\profile name\basic.ini file. But the hotkeys assigned to this plugin are not saved here.
Can you help me with this, where can I find the hotkey ID? Or if it is not currently part of the plugin, could you please provide it?
Thanks for your help!

dcmouser

This plugin is amazingly useful. One slight problem I'm having is that if you have your YouTube stream not set to go live immediately, there is a mismatch in the stream time marker times and the actual stream times. This happens because OBS starts streaming, potentially many minutes before the YouTube stream actually goes live and starts.

I'm not sure if there is a good way to fix this in the InfoWriter code, but it would be super useful if it could be fixed.
One workaround would be a hotkey to RESET the stream time, so that I could try to remember to reset the stream time when the stream goes live.

Thank you again for this great tool.

dcmouser

follow up: I've written a little python script that will parse the infowriter output file and write a new output file, doing two things:
1. it looks for when i come back from "break" (by looking for switching from my break scenes to a real camera), and logs those events to the new output.
2. it also logs hotkey presses to the new output file
3. and it looks for the first hotkey press as a sign that the stream has gone live, and will use that time as an offset when writing out the new file timestamps.

In this way, it parses the long infowriter log file and produces a very short youtube compatible brief list of noteworthy events, with times offsetted to the actual start time of the youtube stream.

It's not really generic enough to use without modifying, but here it is in case anyone wants to tweak it for their use case:

itexspert

I have this issue where instead of time i get this line
"Ym0 Record Time Marker" and no time interval so why does it happen?
If anyone knows that is...

Attachments

• recording 20220213.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 38

mike2003

Idea. It would be possible to replace one or make a new key for entering information into a file. For example, I press button 14, an input window appears, I enter any text and it is written to the file instead of "Hotkey 14 was pressed"
So it would be easier to navigate and make timecodes for YouTube

partouf

partouf updated InfoWriter with a new update entry:

v2.3

I have created new builds for all platforms (using the obs-plugintemplate project on github) for OBS 28.1

Note for Windows: Windows blocks the installer because it thinks it contains a virus. This seems to be a false positive, but you can always try the zip instead.

For Mac: There's an installer, but it won't actually work (at least not for me) until you copy
Code:
/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/OBSInfoWriter.plugin
to the package contents of OBS

For Linux: I have...

Read the rest of this update entry...

monoespacial

Hey, first of all thank you for the amazing plugin. It really helps me edit faster when I can set the timestamps while I'm recording.

So now, a question. Is there any way to import the timestamps as markers on Premiere or another video editing program? That would be an absolute game changer, the holy grail of editing.

Thanks again

OddPog

I am using the Source Record plugin to make recordings while I stream. When I create markers for InfoWriter while I'm streaming, I get outputs with no time:
HOTKEY:Importent event @ 2023-02-17 20:17:11
0:00:00 Record Time Marker (not recording)
Anyone know how to get recording time to work with streaming/SourceRecord?

partouf

Hey, first of all thank you for the amazing plugin. It really helps me edit faster when I can set the timestamps while I'm recording.

So now, a question. Is there any way to import the timestamps as markers on Premiere or another video editing program? That would be an absolute game changer, the holy grail of editing.

Thanks again
You could try to use the SRT or EDL formats instead of the default

partouf

I am using the Source Record plugin to make recordings while I stream. When I create markers for InfoWriter while I'm streaming, I get outputs with no time:
HOTKEY:Importent event @ 2023-02-17 20:17:11
0:00:00 Record Time Marker (not recording)
Anyone know how to get recording time to work with streaming/SourceRecord?

I wasn't familiar with this plugin, I gave it a try. But I cannot find an issue with the behavior.

You do need to actually use the Stream or Record button, only then InfoWriter will work.

TheJan

Thanks again
YES here is the tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUv5sNUzMNI
I switched from Davinci Resolve to Premiere Pro and noticed Ppro doesnt like the EDL "names" of the timestamps.

TLDR for editors:
  • Use EDL format
  • After recording go to EDL file and make each timestamp name unique (with numbers for example)
  • import the edl file
  • edl file will make a folder with all the timestamps as "clips" but also a sequence.
  • throw in your MP4 video that belongs to the edl file in this sequence
  • put playhead on end of video
  • now spam the following: "up arrow key" then "the key for you that makes a cut in a video (Default ctrl+k i think idk lol)
  • when all cuts are done and you are at the beginning of the sequence (00:00:00) Delete the track with the edl file stuff.
  • tadaaa precut.

TLDR for plugin dev <3:
hi mister plugin man, can you make a feature that makes timestamp names with numbers going up so if the name is CLIP it would go like this:
CLIP1
CLIP2
CLIP3
CLIP4
etc ...

Cool, have fun.

itexspert

Can someone help me with this one,it doesnt show time code for some reason!

Attachments

• recording 20230607.txt
    534 bytes · Views: 16

RobyCai

Report:
Mac OS Ventura 13.4.1
CPU M1 Max
RAM 64 GB
OBS Studio 29.1.3

These release of Infowriter doesn't work.

I have download the latest Infowriter2.3, install .pkg, then I have open the OBS but from the list of sources "infowriter" doesn't exists