Bug Report Incorrect Cursor Size in DISPLAY Capture

zaidpirwani

Hello, so I have setup OBS to record my screen and 2 WebCams, primarily to create Tutorial videos with Arduino, Electronics etc, just found out about OBS a couple days back, solves almost all of my problems.

Today I noticed that in the captured video, the cursor shown is SMALL, default one of Windows, whereas I have already changed the cursor size/color from Windows Options - please see screenshot.
obs-scren-snap.jpg

screen-image-TO-DELETE.jpg

LOG FILE URL: https://obsproject.com/logs/rmPErgOoc8Sn7wDS

zaidpirwani

EDIT: Cursor position is NOT an issue, both images of screen and canvas were taken separately.
TIL: Windoes PRINTSCREEN does not capture mouse cursor

micsthepick

I found this workaround in another post.
1. In OBS-Studio display capture settings, turn off "Capture cursor". If not off, it will [draw the incorrect cursor over the top of the correct one]
2. Use Windows magnifier. Press windows-key + "+" button, then zoom out all the way (windows-key + "-"). Magnifier draws a properly working cursor on the screen that will be captured by OBS-Studio's display capture with "Capture cursor" off.

J Sparq

I got the same problem. On my 4k screen the recorded mouse cursur is tiny. Thank you for the workaround.

anarki

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to share the solution that worked for me without having to use magnifier...

Within the properties of your display capture source, change the Capture Method to Windows 10 (1903 and up). When I left it as Automatic or the other option, I had the same problem reported here. As soon as I changed it to Windows 10 (1903 and up), my custom cursor displayed properly :) Hope this helps!

1660335364861.png

JudyTeen

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to share the solution that worked for me without having to use magnifier...

Within the properties of your display capture source, change the Capture Method to Windows 10 (1903 and up). When I left it as Automatic or the other option, I had the same problem reported here. As soon as I changed it to Windows 10 (1903 and up), my custom cursor displayed properly :) Hope this helps!

View attachment 85532
Thank you! I didn't really understand the other solution, but this has solved it for me. :)