Question / Help In game fps is fine, but recording comes out awful.

boon1

GPU: GTX 1070 FE
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1600
RAM: 8 GB 2666(4x2)

I am having a unimaginably annoying issue. In game (Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege) I get a steady 60 fps, (V-sync on). However, when i record it in obs the recording comes out awful. Usually like 10 frames per second in the recording, but 60 constant frames in the actual game. I have watched countless videos and have spent all day trying to fix this. My system is fairly decent so I don't see why it would be my hardware. Unfortunately I am unable to attach the game play but I can say that it mostly strikes when I ADS in game and shoot. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Narcogen

15:08:25.379: Windows Version: 10.0 Build 17134 (revision: 590; 64-bit)

Windows is out of date and Game Mode is on by default and cannot be switched off. Please read the link below on how to update or edit your registry to turn off this mode, which prevents OBS from using the GPU resources it needs.

15:09:50.220: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 1422 (44.6%)

Your log shows GPU overload. Game Mode contributes to this, but if turning it off alone does not solve this, look here:

https://obsproject.com/wiki/GPU-overload-issues

boon1

Thank you so much. I turned off game mode and lowerd my settings a tad and it works great. Have a wonderful day!