I have tried so many mic filters yet I have no way of getting rid of keyboard and mouse sounds...

AxerTheAXe

All I want to do is return to recording gameplay videos but I have become a bit of a perfectionist and can't stand hearing my keyboard and mouse sounds in my recordings. The sounds are as loud as my normal voice so a noise gate doesn't do much. Any help? Possible solutions? Thanks!

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Usually all you need is a Noise Suppression filter and a Noise Gate. If you need more than that, you need to turn the gain down on your mic, move it closer to your face and away from your keyboard.

BK-Morpheus

If the keyboard sounds are as loud as your voice, filters are not the right way to achieve anything (you can only try the RTX Voice app from Nvidia (if your GPU supports it)).
You need to change your audio setup to fix your problem.
Increase the distance from mic to keyboard/mouse and decrease the distance from mic to your mouth. This way you can also lower the mic gain.
Dynamic microphone + very short distance to your mouth = low gain and better voice vs. ambient sound level ratio.

AxerTheAXe

If the keyboard sounds are as loud as your voice, filters are not the right way to achieve anything (you can only try the RTX Voice app from Nvidia (if your GPU supports it)).
You need to change your audio setup to fix your problem.
Increase the distance from mic to keyboard/mouse and decrease the distance from mic to your mouth. This way you can also lower the mic gain.
Dynamic microphone + very short distance to your mouth = low gain and better voice vs. ambient sound level ratio.

Thank you so much! I lowered my mic gain and positioned my mic arm closer to my mouse and it works great