I have a Blackmagic ATEM SDI PRO ISO, can I get it to work with macros?

NKG Anthony

Hi I have a Blackmagic ATEM SDI PRO ISO with 4 switches on it, when OBS reads it it reads it as one input, is there a way to make it that I can use a macro to switch? or is there a way to make it when I switch on the blackmagic that it changes scenes or has other things pop up? basically one is an overhead camera and one is a front facing camera and we just need better ways then doing a lot of things manually, we recently downloaded Advanced Scene Switcher if that helps. Is there a way to make them separate scenes for each blackmagic channel?

AaronD

A lot of cheaper "4-input" cards have only a single converter, and a 4-way switch to feed that converter. That's what makes them cheap. They're fine for security, but not for us. If that's what you have, then you can't ever have two visible at the same time; not even during a transition. And you probably can't even cut nicely either, as the same converter needs some time to re-sync to a vastly different signal.

Googling what you have tells me that you don't have that, but what you do have is grossly overpriced for a set of functions that OBS already has. You can probably sell it (used now) and buy a 4-converter (not just 4-input) card, entirely with the proceeds.

At any rate, I think the problem is best solved with a capture card that does indeed have a separate, dedicated converter for each input. Or a set of single-input cards that all play nice with each other.

san_drino

A switcher is a switcher. You can have a separate loop of the cameras with adapters but I don't see the point. If you want to have 4 separate feeds and manage them with OBS you don't need a switcher, but just a capture card that gives you 4 different out/OBS IN as explained in the comment above. Or, if you have a streamdeck you can use Companion https://bitfocus.io/companion which gives you the ability to do different actions (your ATEM camera change, obs scene change, etc etc) with one button. You can basically have control of everything as long as they are in the same network. Or, if you want to have control of the cameras from the switcher (definitely more reliable than OBS), you have to choose a model that has SuperSource (SDI EXTREME for example), which is the ability to put multiple cameras in the picture at the same time. https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/it/products/atemsdi